Geforce GT 620 on windows 2000?

I have a Geforce GT 620 on my currently built computer at the moment (using windows 7 right now) but I really would like to make it a windows 2000 system, the problem is that the last time I tried it-I couldn't get the thing to install even with Tomaz's XP compatibility mode patch-does anyone know of any drivers for that card that are win2k compatible?

I have a Geforce GT 620 on my currently built computer at the moment (using windows 7 right now) but I really would like to make it a windows 2000 system, the problem is that the last time I tried it-I couldn't get the thing to install even with Tomaz's XP compatibility mode patch-does anyone know of any drivers for that card that are win2k compatible?

See my answers here;

NVidia is usually good at backward compatibility, you just might miss some functions of newer versions of the nVidia

control applet/taskbar widget, as suggested, search nVidia manually, use sourceforge or filehippo for an older driver.

Try one of the 175.xx versions to start, then see how far updating will get you. :yes:

Try 310.70 instead of the current 320.18 OR

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.16_whql.html

Edited by Browncoat

nVIDIA 310.70 for Windows 2000 Beta

It's driver only.

Blackwingcat's driver works (you have to use the hardware function in control panel to install it), however you must use UURollup to be able to use it-which I've had to drop due to reasons I'll get into in my security thread.

Just one question I had about the desktop, while the games are looking great-videos I watch with GOM or VLC seem to have a little less image quality than on XP, is there some utility out there I could try to tweak the settings a little since I don't have an Nvidia control panel to go to?

Just one question I had about the desktop, while the games are looking great-videos I watch with GOM or VLC seem to have a little less image quality than on XP, is there some utility out there I could try to tweak the settings a little since I don't have an Nvidia control panel to go to?

Sorry.

If you want to use NVDIA Control Panel , You must copy manually tools and execute regsrv32 dlls.

The beta installer has not supported the tools installation yet.

Just tried installing Wolfenstien 2009 (not supposed to be used with win2k but did it anyway! ;) ), if you can get ahold of xinput1_3.dll and stick it in the SP folder of the game-it works!
This works for most of the updated DX9 DLLs. None of the d3dx9_NN.dll need to be fully installed by executing the installer.

nVidia Control Panel v3.4.772.10 / ForceWare 263.09 works well for me together with driver 314.22; all essential functionality is present, including custom resolutions and game profiles. The most recent Control Panel didn't install for me, but apparently there is significant forwards compatibility with this software.

The driver indeed has an image quality issue; by default the driver will output studio range colors (16-235) with different contrast for green, unless changed using the Control Panel to full range (0-255). This manifests as reduced "washed out" contrast overall. I'm not sure where in the registry this setting is. It seems to be stored for each monitor output separately.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{558F4A7D-61A5-48E1-B29E-4E2A1A28D53C}\0000]
"_User_SUB0_CRT1_XALG_Color_Range"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"_User_SUB0_CRT1_XEN_Color_Range"=hex:01,00,00,80

Edited by j7n

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry.

If you want to use NVDIA Control Panel , You must copy manually tools and execute regsrv32 dlls.

Is there a tutorial out there on how to do that?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry.

Is there a tutorial out there on how to do that?

I released nVIDIA forceware 331.65 for Windows 2000 released.

it has a proble.

If you select "change resolution", the cpu usage go to 100%.

It seems fail to load resource and loop it.

Thank you. I see 331.65 and 331.82 what is the best way to install?