StartIsBack.Next test toy

Tihiy

That's quite possible since painting is redone in this version. Updated for double-buffering; please retest. And I promise i'll return to different heights issue - eventually.

Much better, no flashing at all now, looks perfect :)

Auto close StartIsBack.Next with ProcessKO 2.82.

http://www.softwareok.com/?Download=ProcessKO

You are not being helpful at all with any of your posts, your just trying to find a way of making this a useable start menu without the need to purchase the release version, please just test this as it was intended and report bugs that can be fixed.

Auto close StartIsBack.Next with ProcessKO 2.82.

http://www.softwareok.com/?Download=ProcessKO

You are not being helpful at all with any of your posts, your just trying to find a way of making this a useable start menu without the need to purchase the release version, please just test this as it was intended and report bugs that can be fixed.

Useable start menu is that not the point ?

Trying to be helpful to NEW StartIsBack.Next TINKERERS / USERS, Tihiy does not need my help, to build the new start menu he's more than capable.

My posts are to show how good StartIsBack.Next & StartIsBack.Next alpha is, and how it can be used.

As for auto close, can it be done with StartIsBack.Next ? and it has nothing to do with (making this a useable start menu without the need to purchase the release version).

So MrGRiM i would appreciate it, if you would keep your opinions to yourself, thanks ace2

Edited by ace2

Useable start menu is that not the point ?

NO. That is not the point of this toy.

Trying to be helpful to NEW StartIsBack.Next TINKERERS / USERS.

That's just it. This toy is not meant for new users. If you don't know what you are doing and are not already familiar with StartIsBack, then do not play with this. Do not ask questions of how to do any particular feature that you think is not working, do not ask for additional features to be added, do not complain about anything that is not working, do not ask for support of any kind. This toy has a very particular purpose and it is NOT for normal use whatsoever, it is only a testbed, period. This is not a Beta version as you appear to think that it is. Try it if you like, report your experience and provide feedback. The communication path for this particular toy is primarily meant to be one way - from you to Tihiy. Don't expect anything back. If Tihiy wants any further clarifying information from you he will post and ask for it.

As for auto close, can it be done with StartIsBack.Next ?

Of course it can and it will be when this toy is matured into an App, and not until then. As long as it is a toy it will NOT be made to auto close, so quit asking. And your suggestion to use any kind of task kill software or hack as a "fix" for this is ridiculous. No app that has to be killed to be closed should be used on a regular basis. The task kill apps are meant to help when an app is stuck because of some error, not just to get it out of the way as a convenience to you.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

bphlpt

This is an open and free forum for all, and as such all can express their opinions and findings and help each other, within the rules of the forum, and not MrGRiM ,bphlpt,Tihiy rules.

This is not Tihiy private forum, If he doesn't want people like me having my 2 cents worth, he should of made a closed & private posting for testing startIsBack.Next.

Thanks for your opinions, and thanks for answering the question about auto closing, but i would appreciate it, if you would stick to helping Tihiy, and stick to the topic at hand, and leave me to help who i can, thanks ace2.

Cheers and Regards .

Edited by ace2

Yes this an open and free forum, but I don't know how much more clear that Tihiy can be:

NOTE: THIS IS A TEST TOY, NOT A PROGRAM INTENDED FOR DAILY USE NOR REALLY A DEMO OF STARTISBACK FUTURE VERSION

FOR TINKERERS / SKINNERS / WINDOWS 7 USERS

[...]

Now I'm giving you one toy - mostly useless for you, useful for me - full standalone start menu prototype.

[...]

Test notes:

[...]

- Start menu is always on top and does not close as you expect. That may seem buggy but you have to think outside of the box. Exit it with Alt-F4 or right-click - EXIT.

- Certain settings (like drag&drop, hover, context menu) are hardcoded.

This thread is for:

[...]

- NOT for Windows 8.1 discussion.

- NOT for any kind of support.

And I'm not sure who you are supposed to be "helping" with your "suggestions", since I have not seen anyone but you posting about wanting to auto close this toy.

Insisting, as you have been, on promoting the use of this toy for a use for which is not intended and against the expressed desires of the toy creator, is, if nothing else, extremely poor net etiquette. But if you just want to go by the rules of this forum, you are supposed to keep all posts in a thread on topic. The topic of this thread is about the toy being used as a test-bed - period. If you really want to talk about hacking an auto close into it, then please start a separate thread about it, just as ORelio made a Tweaker thread for bigmuscle's Aero Glass app.

Cheers and Regards

bphlpt

what do you not understand, this is not Tihiy forum, and i do not have to follow his or your rules, as long as i am following the rules of the forum it has nothing to do with you, so leave me to get on with my posts in peace thanks ace2.

As for against the expressed desires of the toy creator, This forum is in public domain, so Tihiy has no copy rights here and i can use toy as i wish.

As for ProcessKO 2.82 it is not a hacking tool.

As for Taskkill cmd it is not a hacking tool.

Now can you please stop going on about my posts thanks ace2.

Cheers and Regards.

Edited by ace2

Tihiy

Mad (sh-t) skills, where not all as lucky as you Tihiy to be so skilled with computers, I wish i was, you lucky B-stard.

So mad (sh-t) skills it is for me, Thanks for the update works great.

StartIsBack_TEST, closing with Start Button not used by me, (Running StartIsBack_TEST from WinX menu) so error with closing, WHO CARES.

Congratulations on the new website hope it goes well for you.

Thanks again Tihiy and well done. ace2

Edited by ace2

why is this confusing? Themes already have this view, so use it.

Mainly because All Programs button will be 'hanging' in the white space on the half of the menu.

?

At the same location there is a link to "see more results" when you search. SO place the "back" link there. This should be no difference.

JkoGRf4.png

I want this large view, that you get when you do a search, when you click on all programs. In this case I don't care about the link on the right side.