Has or does KB2813345 come through for you?

While researching RDP in Windows XP, I noticed that KB2813345 (MS13-029 Vulnerability in Remote Desktop Client Could Allow Remote Code Execution) had not been applied to my system. Neither Automatic Updates or Windows update shows it as being needed. I checked my mom's PC and the same thing.

I believe that this is a mistake from MS and need your help in confirming this. Please check your system for the presence of this update and reply to this thread.

Either check your add remove programs for it or check if you have a KB2813345.log in your Windows directory or check aaclient.dll or lhmstscx.dll or tsgqec.dll. They should all be 6.0.6001.23191.

DAPi2xW.png

Please, please check for me. A few times I have asked for people to check things and the thread swiftly goes off topic and I don't get an answer.

Thanks in advance.

np

I found something interesting. If you install XP without any of the RDP updates KB2813345 shows on Windows update. Im gonna try installing KB2481109 and see of KB2813345 disappears.

rDTRvPE.png

Cmon people. 87 views and only one XP user replied. Please check for me. Thanks!

I checked and I have the log (Windows XP SP3 fully updated). Maybe there is something wrong with Remote Desktop itself in your system? By the way I have never used it, maybe the problem has to do with it (changed settings or whatever)?

You were faster than me. :)

Edited by HarryTri

Thanks for checking HarryTri! Can you tell me when you installed XP? Was it nLited or HFSLIP'd with all the current updates at the time of your install. Did you start out with an SP3 CD (slipstreaming SP3 onto your source or otherwise).

You can check the install date by opening a command prompt and type systeminfo|find /i "Original Install Date".

Edited by -X-

Command prompt doesn't recognizes systeminfo as a valid command but here is the "ntldr" modification date: Wednesday, 17th October 2012.

I installed from an OEM XP Home SP2 CD and I installed SP3 afterwards. Then I updated my OS with Windows Update and I kept on updating it when new updates were available.

• 3 weeks later...