Database errors

It appears there are potentially still some issues with the hoster's MySQL servers hosting the MSFN database, but xper is working on it. We apologize for what's happening, and are working on resolving things as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the update! :thumbup

Edited by LoneCrusader

It appears there are potentially still some issues with the hoster's MySQL servers hosting the MSFN database, but xper is working on it. We apologize for what's happening, and are working on resolving things as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the update! :thumbup

+1

--JorgeA

+1 As well.

There have still been occasional database errors, but there have definitely been improvements lately.

Thanks for the continued work on the situation.

Cheers and Regards

Errors like these are also what are causing folks to create duplicate posts since the post takes even though it give you an error that says it didn't so you post again.

Yep, duplicate post now in Win98/It Works! thread. Tried to delete - no delete apparently (even though no subsequent posters).

Maybe consider placing a 'DELETE' button, so can get rid of a (duplicate) post before subsequent posters appear.

[Just for clarity - deleted all text in mentioned duplicate post to AT LEAST make post as unobtrusive as possible.]

Cheers

I don't know if this is related to database errors, but I'm not getting e-mail notifications of new posts in threads that I'm subscribed to.

According to my settings, everything is as I had it before, nothing's changed, and yet I'm no longer getting notifications.

--JorgeA

• 4 weeks later...

In the last three days, when I click on "mark all items as read", I'm getting the following error:

www.msfn.org Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

«Return to the index

I had database errors yesterday. Couldn't get into MSFN at all for several hours. It looks like the problems are coming back...

And I'm still not getting e-mail notifications of new posts.

--JorgeA

P.S. And then when I submitted this post, I got another error. Ended up back in the forum overview instead of this thread.

Edited by JorgeA

FWIW (having used Mainframe SQL), it MAY involve Full Knowledge of the Structure and some "slick programming" to "recreate" the database1->FlatFiles->CrossCheckFlat->database2->test->database1 to "fully fix" the errors. A daunting task. As it is, the battle will be uphill by inspecting the log files(?) and manually correcting.

It APPEARS that re-clicking a Topic after the failure succeeds (so far).