Database errors

Getting these on several pages, such as when trying to log onto my account occasionally, and when msfn.org doesn't redirect to /index.php i.e. when I literally type in msfn.org, which isn't too hot:

www.msfn.org Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

«Return to the index

msfn.org/index.php then shows:

The page or file you requested is missing.

Please send a report containing the bad URL

Report Missing Link

Go Back

MSFN Homepage

MSFN Forums

Making a custom CD/DVD

Unattended Windows Guide

Creating a Multi-Boot DVD

Just a heads up.

Edited by C-Girl

Annoying messages like these have been happening more and more over the last few months. Very, very annoying. USUALLY, if you just hit your browser back button, then try the exact same link again, it will work. Rarely you might have to try again more than once. Rest assured, AFAIK regardless of what the message says it is probably not any error on your side, but is an error in the IP Board software, and has been reported many, many times. Errors like these are also what are causing folks to create duplicate posts since the post takes even though it give you an error that says it didn't so you post again. It's really a pain.

Cheers and Regards

I've been getting most of those same error messages, and in addition I haven't been able to upload images since Friday. (Just tried again today, the upload failed yet again.) Switching to the basic uploader doesn't work, either, and there are no troubleshooting suggestions offered when the error message appears.

--JorgeA

Sorry, I was responding to JorgeA

Well, no :no: , that was my point :yes: .

JorgeA has (had/will have) difficulties in UPLOADing an image (as attachment) not in LINKing to one AFAICU. :whistle:

jaclaz

Oh no! It's doing it again! :(

How so? Some so called "driver errors" may still appear, but provided they don't prevent normal forum use it's all right. xper didn't finish it yet, and the forums just returned to usability, after two days. Moreover, attachments and the messenger are both working as they should...

:)

post-134642-0-73245100-1370670868_thumb.

How so? Some so called "driver errors" may still appear, but provided they don't prevent normal forum use it's all right.

I actually got another one of those "There appears to be an error with the database" errors, where the page loads, but the default Font is changed, and the error shows up at the bottom of the page... :unsure:

I've got some such errors tonight (3, I think). Let's not worry yet, but keep on guard... those error should disappear in some more days...

If they don't, we sure still have a problem.

It appears there are potentially still some issues with the hoster's MySQL servers hosting the MSFN database, but xper is working on it. We apologize for what's happening, and are working on resolving things as quickly as possible.