Latest Forefox by now (w. KEX etc)

Hey there,

I just dropped in to ask if someone knows what Forefox-version is the latest one working by now?!

Or better, what is the best one working??

I know 3.5.19 is the last one with working bookmarks. Bot what's about the 3.6.xx?

Or what's about one of the rather recent ones? Are the new features working, or why would it be worth upgrading?

I thought before trying each one from V6 to ~V20, and maybe missing some problems although they seem to work just fine at first glance, I'd ask here...

I somewhere read something about a working ~V10.. But I can't find it anymore. And would that be the latest/best?

Related to this is the following thing:

Does anyone know why Firefox 3.5.19 (I guess all 3.5.x) is from time to time accessing my hdd so intensively?? And are newer versions behaving like that as well? -So is that normal??

I hope someone can help me out, because I honestly have no idea..

Bye

Does anyone know why Firefox 3.5.19 (I guess all 3.5.x) is from time to time accessing my hdd so intensively??

With all due respect, do you honestly believe you've provided enough info for anyone to be able to answer your question?

Of course I have everything installed from here, except the "new" uSP, since I already have an older version installed..

..That's all I have, I think.. I mean, if I'd know why this would happen I wouldn't ask..

Meanwhile I read that every now and then firefox refreshes the news etc.. Maybe it's that, but I don't know why that would need this heavy hdd-access; -hopefully it's no malware..

Anyways, in the first place I just wanted to know what browser is the latest one working...

So let me ask it this way and make some kind of poll out of it:

What browser do you people use??

And I've tried the version 10.02. But it seems to lock up if there is something coming in from the net (..or why this ever happens).. The CPU goes up and that's it.

Oh, and I have a new question:

Does anyone know a place where to find the old "sysinternals"-tools?

I wanted to take a look at the hdd-activity with "diskmon", -then I noticed that I don't have that software around. - Bad luck.

Anyways, in the first place I just wanted to know what browser is the latest one working...

So let me ask it this way and make some kind of poll out of it:

What browser do you people use??

Hallo FlippX,

I prefer Opera. I use it 99 percent. Mostly version 10.63. But it happens more and more often that some contents of pages are missing. So that I have to run 11.64 or 12.02 to see the whole contents. Firefox runs stable on my systems up to version 9.0.1, of course without bookmark function and history. The Add-on HyperBK offers both. Some members reported that FF 10 runs stable on their machines with some changed settings (see Wiki / Google search or Wiki "Main Page" => "Special pages" => "Popular pages" => "Mozilla Firefox" / Problem with the page "compatible applications" these days). FF 3.6.28 is the latest with bookmark function and history. To print I often try different browsers Opera, Firefox 2.0.0.20, K-Meleon 1.54, Internet Explorer 6 for the best results.

I wanted to take a look at the hdd-activity with "diskmon",

Diskmon.exe is not meant for Win9x. System Internals Utilities on Win9x link

Edited by schwups