Want to build an XP Pro 64bit machine

Hey all. I'm a newbie here, and might be asking really dumb questions, so bear with me please. Is it possible to build an XP pro 64bit machine with new components currently on the market? If so, I'd appreciate recommendations on what I would look for as far as compatibility and drivers and so forth. OK, if new stuff won't work with XP 64bit, any advice on where and what components to look for used? I am currently running an XP pro 32bit system I built back in 2007. 3 upgrades later it is still running, but the lack of ram is killing me. Last question, exactly how much ram does XP pro 64bit support? 64gig? Any other advice you can give, or questions I should be asking, feel free to chime in. I used to be on top of all this stuff several years back, but now, I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

The Wikipedia page for XP x64 offers a nice summary of added features and compatibility with 32-bit XP. 128 GB appears to be the maximum supported amount of RAM.

I haven't kept up with the latest hardware developments, so I can't advise you there.

If it helps I installed XP Pro x64 w/SP2 on the following:

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 X79 8X DIMM PCIe 3.0 Motherboard

Intel Core i7-3960X 3.31 LGA 2011 Processor BX80619i73960X

Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling Solution (Radiator: G 31573-001; Fan: G 31457-001 - replaces rear case fan)

Kingston KHX24C11T3K4/32X (quad 32Gb memory kit) 2 each

ASUS Radeon HD7970 DirectCUII 3Gb GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (two each) connected in CrossfireX Mode

Western Digital Cavier Black 2Tb SATA III 6.0GB/S (two each)

Plextor PX-L890SA Internal SATA drives (two each)

OCZ Technologies Vertex 4 SATAIII 6Gb/s 512Gb Solid State Drive

If you can get your hands on an HP xw8200 Workstation, I think you'll be pleased. I'll check the specs when I get home, but here's what I basically have.

7 GB DDR 400 MHz RAM (slower but it works well)

Two 73 GB U320 SCSI HDDs (each on their own controller)

LG Sata DVD-RW Drive

Integrated Sound/LAN/USB 2.0

nVidia PCI 6200 Display Adapter (no worries, the system has a PCI-E slot for a more current card, but I'm not a gamer, so the card I have is sufficient for me)