Split windows 8 iso

Hello everyone

I updated my windows, and added office and other software's. now the size is 7 gb. how can i split it? i tried to do it using windows toolkit but it makes some files like install.swim install2.swm. please tell me in which folder i should place install.swim and install2.swim. It is windows 8 pro 64-bit

thank you

According to the TechNet article "How to Split a Windows Image (.swm) File to Span Across Multiple DVDs": In Windows 8, Windows Setup does not support installing from split .wim files.

However, you can use DISM to apply the image to the destination computer with the /Apply-Image option. The TechNet article 'Image Management Command-Line Options' shows the DISM command line options with examples. For this issue, the example shown is "Dism /apply-image /imagefile:install.swm/swmfile:install*.swm /index:1 /applydir:d:\"

More helpful information about using DISM with Windows 8 can be found on the Deliver and Deploy Windows 8 page of the Springboard Series on TechNet.

Hope this helps,

David

Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

Edited by WinOutreach4

You just need to put it in the sources folder. The other media discs only need a sources folder for the other images.

Did you even read the replies to his post?

Windows 8 does NOT support this! Plain and simple....

Official links were even provided.

Besides the validity in the specific case :), that is not a valid argument :angel .

If we start counting the things that along to "official" documentation were not possible, but that one way or the other someone managed to make happen.... :whistle:

jaclaz

Did you even read the replies to his post?

I'd like to clarify what you say and compare to what WinOutreach4 posted. It is that Windows 8 Setup.exe does not support this. But a person could use Windows 8 DISM to do it instead.