Hi; hoping for help please!

Hi, I'm new, and so glad to find this forum. I don't know where to post my question since I don't know what version of Internet Explorer I have.

I'm posting from a colleague's computer since mine cannot go online.

Since turning on my computer today, I've gotten messages saying "Internet Explorer has stopped working." It says the problem event name is APPCRASH and application name is IEXPLORE.EXE and application version is 10.0.9200.16537 and some more info; i can post it, if relevant.

I didn't do anything unusual yesterday at all!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Again, sorry to post in the wrong place. Nice to meet y'all; glad you are here!

It might help to know as much info as you can provide about the computer itself, basic hardware and specific version of the OS itself. Did you do anything at all between when IE last worked correctly and now? When you last used IE, did it shut down correctly?

And Welcome to MSFN!

Cheers and Regards

I don't know what version of Internet Explorer I have.

IEXPLORE.EXE and application version is 10.0.9200.16537

Looks like IE10? :sneaky:

Anyways, you should have relevant errors or warning in Event Viewer. Maybe it can give a hint... but its also possible you have some malware or some pesky BHO/addon that is causing IE a problem. Have you run any antivirus scans since having this problem?

Also, you could always install another browser like Firefox or Chrome, so you can get online while you fix the problem with IE.