[Solved] Can't empty Recycle Bin

Dogway

Well, this is the famous bug(?) that you can find elsewhere when googling, but I can't manage to solve it.

I did many things described around like, delete on safe mode, delete from command line, restore recycle bin, antivirus scan, etc with no success so I post here.

First the 2 folders were visible in recycle bin, then while trying something of the above they went hidden, still I can see them if I search for them from command line inside "E:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-790525478-861567501-1177238915-500", the problematic folders are called Dc17 and Dc18, and i can't do anything with them,a ll I get is an "access denied" error.

What else can I try?

Boot from a Live Linux CD (I recommend Porteus) and delete any and all files you need to delete. If I were you I'd delete the problem files/folders, then delete RECYCLER for good measure. Then go back to windows. It'll automagically recreate a working, empty Recycle Bin.

OK, BartPE would do it as well, right? So I just delete the E:\Recycler (with those folders inside). BRB

edit. oh yes!! So convenient self-booting disc. That trick did it, thanks guys!!

Edited by Dogway