Mame32Plus (Ash-Build)

Alright lets try this AGAIN: (Since you didn't seem to get the clue)

Because our crystal balls regularly tend not to work we nee the following to ACTUALLY be able to help you and not just waste time,

Version of the program in question and where it was obtained from.

Version of the dll you have that is in question

Version of the OS you have (Be aware there are a couple of different versions of 98 so "98" doesn't really work.

What you have tried that doesn't work...

If you install KernelEx you won't get that error message but the app won't initialize anyway so I am not sure what to suggest apart from using another Mame fork or the official Mame, I tried latest builds of Mame, MamePlus, AdvanceMame, MameUI32, MameUIFX32 and MameXT32 a couple of weeks ago and they were all running OK (I have KernelEx installed, not sure if they'd run without it).

1. Windows 98SE now.

2. IE 5.0 now (Mame32Plus [Ash-Build] tested on Win98SE + IE6 unsuccessfully)

3. USP 2.1b now (Mame32Plus [Ash-Build] tested on 98 SE SP 3.0 BETA 4 and U98SESP3.19 and SP 5.0 Plus unsuccessfully)

4. Link for Mame32Plus [Ash-Build] http://www.emudreams.pl/news,MAME_0.148u3_okienkowe_klony,9333.html

5. KEX not tested. I wan to run it without KEX.

6. Mame32Plus [Ash-Build] tested on WinXP successfully, but i wan to run it on Win98SE because i love Win98SE.

7. Comctl32.dll; 5.81; 548624kb; (2002) from USP.

Edited by newbie58

1. Windows 98SE now.

2. IE 5.0 now (Mame32Plus [Ash-Build] tested on Win98SE + IE6 unsuccessfully)

3. USP 2.1b now (Mame32Plus [Ash-Build] tested on 98 SE SP 3.0 BETA 4 and U98SESP3.19 and SP 5.0 Plus unsuccessfully)

4. Link for Mame32Plus [Ash-Build] http://www.emudreams.pl/news,MAME_0.148u3_okienkowe_klony,9333.html

5. KEX not tested. I wan to run it without KEX.

6. Mame32Plus [Ash-Build] tested on WinXP successfully, but i wan to run it on Win98SE because i love Win98SE.

7. Comctl32.dll; 5.81; 548624kb; (2002) from USP.

So, what now Kelsenellenelvian...?

:angel

Easy now because of his requirements from 5 & 6 it will never work... He will HAVE to use a older version of mame OR XP that's it...

With the full information and the admittance that he refuses to use the only app\ add-on (KeX) we then can tell him he has no chance of making it work.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Easy now because of his requirements from 5 & 6 it will never work... He will HAVE to use a older version of mame OR XP that's it...

With the full information and the admittance that he refuses to use the only app\ add-on (KeX) we then can tell him he has no chance of making it work.

I don't want to run it on external application. Thank you for your help and waste of time.

Apparently the phrase of the day is "Beat up on the new guy".

Unproductive criticism and nitpicking don't solve problems. They just kill dialogue.

If the OP knew all the right questions to ask, he would be experienced enough that he probably could figure out the answers he needed without help.

If you don't have the patience to deal with inexperienced users, stick to the more elite threads.

I don't use Kex either. A better answer to the OP's question would be what Versions of MAME work without Kex.