Loading DOS CD-ROM drivers

Hoko

I actually do not have much experience with this. I know generally HOW to do it, but I have never needed to do it manually or add it to Windows. Boot Disks are already automated for it. So I hope some other members will chime in. :yes:

Take a look at these pages, which are directed more at your situation rather than directed at use on Boot Disks.

(And there are no weird references to "tomatoes" or "bananas" :huh::wacko: )

MSKB Article on the subject.

General CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT instructions.

(Many of the examples given on the second one are not really necessary, just depends on the machine and user preference.)

You will need to load OAKCDROM.SYS in CONFIG.SYS, and MSCDEX.EXE in AUTOEXEC.BAT.

Edited by LoneCrusader

Well, if so, I must point out that DETECT must not be run from a CD, because it'll attempt to write those files it creates (BIOS.BIN and BIOS.TXT) to the directory it was run from, and, in the case of a CD, it'll find out it's read-only and throw an error.

Well, if so, I must point out that DETECT must not be run from a CD, because it'll attempt to write those files it creates (BIOS.BIN and BIOS.TXT) to the directory it was run from, and, in the case of a CD, it'll find out it's read-only and throw an error.

So it would have to be run from a floppy?

So it would have to be run from a floppy?

A floppy would work, provided there is enough room on the floppy for the files it will create. Better to just run it from the HDD as I suggested before. :yes: