windows could not set the offline locale information

Thanks but I don't really understand "0x80FF0000 happens when applying OS-image through setup.exe, if user-profile has been redirected during initial unattended install"

I didn't think was redirecting it in my xml?

I think it means installing Windows via Setup.exe. Are you installing it this way, or with DISM?

Yes installing via setup.exe from the sources dir, UA using an iso

Thinking the original DVD source being an en-GB UI Lang is causing the problem!! I have never here in Aus ever purchased a en-GB sourced OS previously

Always had en-US ones & never experienced this problem before.

think you hit the nail on the head. definitely could cause problems if language is not localized in the image

EDIT: What he was saying above about capture logs then this still works create a Panther.cmd

http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__888486

Thanks Max

I read on MS one needs to remove an unused Lang pack first before installing the preferred Lang pack.

Have removed the original offline en-GB pack using Dism then installing en-US before applying any updates. I check &change lang preference & timezones using "Dism /Image:C:\zmountdir /Get-Intl"

Dism reports all was successful on a virgin image & it still causes this problem on install.

As I do all testing in a VM if I were to set up with two partitions in the VM what would you suggest having the Panther.cmd run from the smaller Partition not sure if

can add VM additions prior to allow usb or shared folders. Any suggestions?

Edited by MAVERICKS CHOICE

if you have a usb drive just put panther.cmd file on it and run from there. my panther is 2.67mb so won't fit on a floppy.

most likely all you need is setupact.log and setuperr.log from panther folder and not the sub folders of it

Hi Max

Took your suggestion put the panther.cmd in the root of my Lexar usb drive attached it to my VM.

I ran up my test build in Virtual Box & when the usual errors pops I hit shift F10 . Easily found the jump drive on E: & run the cmd.

Problem is Robocopy complains it cannot find the file? I noticed it was looking @ X:Systemroot ??

post-9474-0-10661900-1368133955_thumb.jp

Edited by MAVERICKS CHOICE

you said above 4. Installing features, No good.

So the computer hasn't rebooted yet? If so drive will be another drive like S: or something and not C:

You may have to manually find and do this

Also with Windows 8 it should be running the cmd.exe /c takeown /f first and pic don't show that

Also your pic has as Options in robocopy Options : *.* /S /E /DCOPY:DA /COPY:DAT

when it should say

Options : *.* /S /E /COPY:DAT

Have to copy exactly. Try this new one

Color 0A
cd /d %~dp0
@ECHO OFF
FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y) DO IF EXIST %%i:\Windows\Panther SET MyDrive=%%i:\Windows\Panther
ECHO %MyDrive%
REM Added takeown for Windows 8
cmd.exe /c takeown /f %MyDrive% /R && icacls %MyDrive% /grant Administrators:F /t
robocopy %MyDrive% /MIR %~dp0$Panther
Pause
Exit

Edited by maxXPsoft

Max, tested again & came up with this:

My panther.cmd as you suggested is

Color 0A

cd /d %~dp0

@ECHO OFF

FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y) DO IF EXIST %%i:\Windows\Panther SET MyDrive=%%i:\Windows\Panther

ECHO %MyDrive%

REM Added takeown for Windows 8

cmd.exe /c takeown /f %MyDrive% /R && icacls %MyDrive% /grant Administrators:F /t

robocopy %MyDrive% /MIR %~dp0$Panther

Pause

Exit

No good!

post-9474-0-92311100-1368174166_thumb.jp

Its not your xml. I used yours that I edited with VMware Workstation and it completed but I forgot to remove your password and couldn;t logon :lol:

I hit the shift f10 and took this pic to show before it reboots and moves system to C:\ drive

At this point my usb drive was the C: drive

You notice I swap drives and do a dir

You can then edit the panther.cmd with notepad. Just type notepad panther.cmd from same disk panther.cmd is in

post-9484-0-08529000-1368219937_thumb.pn

Edited by maxXPsoft

Update, not able to retrieve the panther dir with the build showing the locale error? Must be happening too early in the process?

However ran an earlier build that hangs following the third reboot following setup though won't get to desktop, but was successful to retrieve the Panther dir & setupact.log! There was no info in the setupperr.log.

See setupact.log log attached.

setupact.rar

Its not your xml. I used yours that I edited with VMware Workstation and it completed but I forgot to remove your password and couldn;t logon :lol:

I hit the shift f10 and took this pic to show before it reboots and moves system to C:\ drive

At this point my usb drive was the C: drive

You notice I swap drives and do a dir

You can then edit the panther.cmd with notepad. Just type notepad panther.cmd from same disk panther.cmd is in

post-9484-0-08529000-1368219937_thumb.pn

Thanks Max, agree the xml is all good.

Are you running this from iso or dvd?

early on you got this

2013-05-11 06:40:59, Warning    [0x060582] IBS    SetSetupKeyboardLayout:Failed to set the key board layout to [en-US]
2013-05-11 06:40:59, Warning [0x060577] IBS Callback_Locale_SetSetupKeyboardLayout:An error occurred trying to set the key board layout
2013-05-11 06:40:59, Info [0x0a018c] UI Setup UI language is set to en-US.
2013-05-11 06:40:59, Warning UI CLanguages::v_InitLanguage - Failed to load en-US resources with error 2. Will load fallback binaries
2013-05-11 06:40:59, Warning UI CLanguages::v_InitLanguage - Failed to load en-US resources with error 2. Will load fallback binaries

Then later missing files like image was a multiple language ad the files are missing.

Didn't do any removing did you with any program?

Only removed en-gb & added en-us lang pack with dism.

Don't think you can do that, a language has to be localized and adding language pack does not fix this on dvd sources. You would need en-us dvd

Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.2.9200.16384 | Installed | Language Pack

There may be fixes some where but I don't know what they are.

Might add the us without removing gb and specify that as language then use en-gb as UILanguageFallback

Edited by maxXPsoft

Bloody hell this is so frustrating! I called in my local store & asked about theses discs being en-gb & the guy mentioned there all the same now here in Aus. Previously Lang was always en-us on our discs!

So Max your saying I run with en-gb lang & just change setting with this "Dism /image:C:\W8Prox64\sources\install.wim /Set-UILangFallBack:en-GB"?