windows could not set the offline locale information

Following both my hard drives giving up the ghost the other day loosing a few of my builds in the process.

Finding myself trying to rebuild my W8x64 UA.

Have reinstalled & ran Virt.Box vers 4.2.12-84980 though finding after files are loaded UA it errors out with "Windows could not set the offline locale information 0x80FF0000"

Tried uninstalling & reinstalling the VM no good. Also tried a known good silent install of W7 also no go.

Any advice very appreciated?

Bit of an update now able to run W7UA install through the VM no issues.

However running a clean W8UA image will:

1.Copy files,ok

2.Get files ready, ok

3. Installing updates, ok

4. Installing features, No good. As soon as it starts doing this the above error pops up & install halts!

I have swapped to an untouched virgin install.wim a few times to ensure the image is not corrupted, though to no avail! Don't understand why this is happening in a VM?

post-9474-0-30515100-1366602415_thumb.jp

Edited by MAVERICKS CHOICE

What did you do to make the Win7 one work? All the info I can find about this error has to do with the hard disk size/not enough free space.

http://answers.micro...71-ae42aa2eefbb

Used my normal W7 image & ran virtual box W7x64 install using 4gb mem & 30gig HD space all other VM settings were default.

Gaining small ground with the W8 issue, setup has now progressed just past setting up devices & now stalls just past "getting ready".

Thinking now the "offline Locale" problem earlier experienced is all to do the System Language & settings.

I live in Aus & when I purchased my W8x64 noticed the default Lang is in en-GB setup would always stop at the Lang selection screen no matter what value I placed in the XML! I found by mounting the Boot.wim & modifying with DISM would fix that problem. Though there's a separate thread I wrote on this.

The recent problem eventuated when both my HD's got cooked & lost my builds well quite a few anyway!

There has been much trouble trying to remember how I previously sorted the Lang pack problems but making back some ground now.

The latest problem I'm convinced is to do with the VM have Virtual Box latest edition & VM player both give the same result.

I have a very reliable W7x64 UA image that works flawlessly on both VM's & live system's.

post-9474-0-68256400-1366922886_thumb.jp

Based on your description, it would make sense that the failure is in specialize somewhere. I think at the point you get that error (in your screenshot) you should be able to open a command prompt (SHIFT+F10) and be able to find the setupact.log and setuperr.log that may have more information. Regarding the XML file you attached, the only thing I can see regarding language is that you aren't using the proper code for InputLocale. Try using 0c09:00000409 (en-AU) and 0409:00000409 (en-US) instead.

Based on your description, it would make sense that the failure is in specialize somewhere. I think at the point you get that error (in your screenshot) you should be able to open a command prompt (SHIFT+F10) and be able to find the setupact.log and setuperr.log that may have more information. Regarding the XML file you attached, the only thing I can see regarding language is that you aren't using the proper code for InputLocale. Try using 0c09:00000409 (en-AU) and 0409:00000409 (en-US) instead.

Have changed my xml to reflect your suggestion, still hanging have tried new source no good. Checked setupact.log not sure how to export it from a VM though have screenshots though.

No info on the setuperr.log.

See the setupact.log here.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't helpful. There are multiple setupact.log files on the system. The one we are interested in would have the locale error you are getting in it.

I found another thing you can read to see if it is applicable. (solution at bottom of this)

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/cefe513c-6c2a-48ed-a5d2-96d99eb46f7f/

This isn't helpful. There are multiple setupact.log files on the system. The one we are interested in would have the locale error you are getting in it.

I found another thing you can read to see if it is applicable. (solution at bottom of this)

http://social.techne...2-96d99eb46f7f/

Thanks but I don't really understand "0x80FF0000 happens when applying OS-image through setup.exe, if user-profile has been redirected during initial unattended install"

I didn't think was redirecting it in my xml?

Try this xml. You may have to modify it a bit

I got this by using the Se7en_UA by selecting a Windows 8 dvd sources folder and adding your Win 8 xml which works with Windows 8 also

I only add things to xml that works, if you find something works in WIN 8 tell me over there and I'll add it.

AutoUnattend.xml

Edited by maxXPsoft

Hi Max had to change the product key section in yours back to this

<ProductKey>

<WillShowUI>Never</WillShowUI>

<Key></Key>

</ProductKey>

As yours would halt & ask for key.

Testing further right now though progresses through to the same problem as I first reported.

Thinking the original DVD source being an en-GB UI Lang is causing the problem!! I have never here in Aus ever purchased a en-GB sourced OS previously

Always had en-US ones & never experienced this problem before.

Thanks but I don't really understand "0x80FF0000 happens when applying OS-image through setup.exe, if user-profile has been redirected during initial unattended install"

I didn't think was redirecting it in my xml?

I think it means installing Windows via Setup.exe. Are you installing it this way, or with DISM?

Thinking the original DVD source being an en-GB UI Lang is causing the problem!! I have never here in Aus ever purchased a en-GB sourced OS previously

Always had en-US ones & never experienced this problem before.

think you hit the nail on the head. definitely could cause problems if language is not localized in the image

EDIT: What he was saying above about capture logs then this still works create a Panther.cmd

Edited by maxXPsoft