How do you set "Full Control" for Administrator

raf1231

I'm a "Home User" with average. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a desktop I built on a Gigabyte mother board. I have a 2-1/2 inch SATA in an external case plugged into a USB port. I'm trying to use an Explorer select on a CAB file and paste it to my desktop (or a network drive) -- a simple copy & paste. I get a "Compressed (zipped) Folders Error" message stating "Access to 'filename' was denied.

Actually, I can't perform any function on these file types. Does anyone have some ideas how I can grant myself "Full Control"?

PROBLEM RESOLVED

Thanks for the tip. I had figured out "Part 1" on my own but couldn't remember what to do next.

Also, sorry the delayed response. I wanted to be sure I'd done every thing correctly. It seems I have succeeded.

It's amazing how much you can forget when you're not using things on a regular basis. I haven't worked since July of 2008. The only thing that offered me an income was to retire -- 3 years early. I'm pretty much settled into full-time retirement -- doubt I'd ever go back to IT if a job came along. Forty-four years was enough.

Edited by raf1231