EISA Partition & Unattended

I'm going to format and reinstall the OS soon on a second partition of my primary drive, I have a first partition being the DELL diagnostic tools that I don't want to delete, and I will also be making a third partition for another OS.

How is this handled in an unattended? Normally the boot.ini file will indicate:

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

But with this my system won't be able to boot, and hence finish the unattended. It should be partition(2) but how do I change that without interrupting the unattended?

I can't wait, I'm gonna format now. I tested on VM installing on second partition and it seems to autoconfigure boot.ini to partition(2) automatically. Now boot.ini was inside partition(1), but I believe this time anything will be written into the EISA partition as it should be protected or something, well, I hope so, because currently I can see my boot.ini C:\ which is partition 2.

Edited by Dogway

Ok, I'm out of luck. After copying the windows files into the HDD I get a BSOD with a 7B code.

I wouldn't worry much if I had some way to revert back the harm, there,s no way I can run from CD again, not even with a bartpe CD. It goes directly to boot XP screen before bsod. Bsod also on safe mode.

I don't know what to do. It could be because lack of driver, ahci or sas controller but unlikely since I added the driverspack to the XP, and I don't think is the boot.ini problem as described above.

Edit: So funny, I disabled SAS and now I can install windows again. I'm not using any raid, would I have any impact if I disable it? Can I still keep using AHCI?

Edited by Dogway

D-R-I-V-E-R-S... that's all you'll get from me beyond the fact that integrating DriverPacks does NOT allow for adding via TXTSETUP.OEM (a common mistake)... (yeah, you hacked me off a few times...)

It seems that my best options are to prepare a USB with the drivers using USBKeyPrep from DELL.

I just tried and nothing happens, when it asks for insert disc on A: drive, I hit enter but the USB is not loaded/

Pick one -

Depending on your ChipSet. AGAIN, the "DriverPacks" do NOT account for an "F6"-type Install. They don't admit it and "poo-poo" nLite as "failing" because of THEIR error! The above do (TXTSETUP.OEM = F6)! Believe it or don't! Your option...

(you are REALLY stubborn...)

If you go to the last page of that thread you will see posts from me. I already integrated the AHCI drivers, but we are not talking about that here, we are talking about SAS (RAID) drivers.

And FYI, DriversPack no textmode?

Who is the stubborn?

edit> Im following the steps described here. I know when the drivers are loaded and OS install will work or not if I observe the controller name when the partitions are displayed, my XP x64 DVD sees no partitions, my XP x86 DVD with DriversPack added indicates symmpiv, and my OEM DVD sees lsi_sas which is the correct.

Edited by Dogway

DriverPacks FAQ - "Can I install DriverPacks with nLite?"

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=3615

No.

How to install DriverPacks with nLite?

It does not work well. - Please don't.

Please use nLite and make all of your changes first.

Then run DriverPacks BASE to add your drivers.

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER integrate drivers with nlite as well as DriverPacks using DriverPacks BASE. Your integration WILL fail!

Hint: You can leave nLite open at the create ISO page while you run DriverPacks BASE. wink

Thank you for finding this post!

Have a great day!

;)

P.S. - Do those topics not speak of R-A-I-D also? Your OEM DVD has them PROPERLY integrated (my E521 DVD does too...).

edit - no matter - searched "sas raid intel" and it COULD be one of several AND you NEVER mentioned WHAT Dell and/or whether it was an Add-In card (I noted you "looking" at Intel topic).

Edited by submix8c

Hint: You can leave nLite open at the create ISO page while you run DriverPacks BASE. wink

edit> your links talk about RAID in the same way google talks about RAID when I make a search for "RAID". What I am asking is something very specific, install drivers through a USB flash drive. I don-t want to run nlite again, I-m on a very basic XP x64 SP2 now.

What I don-t understand is why I do need both AHCI and RAID controllers, but I don-t expect you (submix8c) to answer, you are the type of "playing smart" rather than "being smart".

Edited by Dogway

You don't get it - INF files are "altered"... TWICE (and maybe wrongly)...

Google this and get some hits for your "problem"...

sas raid intel site:msfn.org

Dell must be a PowerEdge. (google'd -)

sas raid intel dell

You don't want any help, do you?

Edited by submix8c

Man, I don-t know what the... what the hell happens with you but you just flood my threads with nonsense and I think that-s the problem, no one else will help me because they-d think I-m at good hands... so wrong!

You just say google this google that, trying to look smart but I-m telling you, I dont give a crap about nlite or slipstreaming, I want to integrate drivers at F6 and I have problems with it. I ALREADY HAVE THE EFFIN DRIVERS DOWNLOADED. No RAID Intel on a PowerEdge, DELL RAID SAS 5/iR on a Precision 690.

Edited by Dogway

Dogway,

maybe if you would provide some meaningful DETAIL, AND some BACKGROUND/DESCRIPTION of what you re up to, someone else might attempt helping you, right now it seems like a guessing game of some kind, I would normally apply torture :w00t: to you in order to get the EXACT. COMPLETE, DETAILED data (that you should have posted on the very first post of this thread), but today I feel less grumpy then usual :) .

Please use this as generic reference:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/problem-report-standard-litany.html

JFYI, using a USB stick as a replacement of the A: F6 floppy was definitely a slip on a chocolate covered banana:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/put-down-the-chocolate-covered-banana.html

jaclaz

DETAILS were given along the string of events, which is the best way of explaining things. But since this thread is long lost due to submixc8 smartness, I made a new one.

I suggest you to stick to OP question always, It's hard to follow conversations once submixc8 throws the ball, he is already reported, I hope a moderator would come in and do some cleanup.