Windows Update Component missing

Sydnelson

Hi, I create a updated version of Windows XP with HFSLIP today, everything is ok and all updates are merged to instalation but something is missing.

When I try to use Windows Update in firstime, Internet Explorer ask to install this component:

Microsoft Windows Component Publisher

Is possible to slipstream it to instalation too?

LOGS.zip

Edited by Sydnelson

"Name: Windows Update, Publisher: Microsoft Windows Component Publisher."

I.E. "Windows Update Agent" - "WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe".

I see several LOGS - RVMIntegrator, HFSLIP, and nLite. Why are you using ALL of them?

HFSLIP

Files in your HFCABS folder:

IEAWSDC.CAB

LegitCheckControl.cab

OGAControl.cab

opuc4.cab

SWFLASH.CAB

wbemoc.cab

wuweb_site.cab

This won't (AFAIK) install EVERYTHING you need. Where did you get those instructions? Edited by submix8c

"Name: Windows Update, Publisher: Microsoft Windows Component Publisher."

I.E. "Windows Update Agent" - "WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe".

I see several LOGS - RVMIntegrator, HFSLIP, and nLite. Why are you using ALL of them?

HFSLIP

Files in your HFCABS folder:

IEAWSDC.CAB

LegitCheckControl.cab

OGAControl.cab

opuc4.cab

SWFLASH.CAB

wbemoc.cab

wuweb_site.cab

This won't (AFAIK) install EVERYTHING you need. Where did you get those instructions?

I use too many programs because each one do something I want...

HFSLIP: merge the hotfixes

NLITE: remove not need componets

RVMIntegrator: I only use to remove SCSI, FAT and Floppy support from first part of windows instalation, maybe HFSLIP can do that but I dont know how.

DriverPack Integrator: Add mass storage drivers property (I have some issues adding than with NLITE)

About the cabs you list they are used to Windows Update, WGA, Office Update and Flash Player. Always works fine in my previous installs.

The only thing I change this time is hotfixes (updated until 08/abr/2013) and WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86 (Ricktendo version posted in another forum)

HFSLIP - why? What "special" functions do you need from HFSLIP that nLite doesn't do?

nLite - merge Hotfixes, remove not needed components, USE THE DPMassStorage Add-ON (yes, it DOES work)

http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/windows/xp/x86/mass-storage/12.09/drivers

RVMIntegrator - for such a SMALL amount of removal - WHY?

DriverPack Integrator - USE nLite! (see above) Claiming "issues" won't cut it - there ARE none! AFAIC, but maybe I'm wrong? :unsure:

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=5056

I guess I should ask is this supposed to be an All-Encompassing (generalized) Motherboard Installation CD/DVD? We DO have SATA Driver Add-Ons here that DO work.

"Windows Update, WGA, Office Update and Flash Player" - MAN, you are wasting time going the round-about way! ALL INTEGRATE-ABLE using EXE Files/Add-ons.

Go to -X- website http://xdot.tk/updates.html and check it out - ALL THERE! It even uses Ricktendo's info and my script to create the WUA (we all collaborated on it) - the SAME ONE you downlaoded. Office Update is OBSOLETE and no longer even used! You MUST use Microsoft Update (as opposed to Windows Update) now. Ricktendo ALSO created one for THAT (included in the "combined" package) to use INSTEAD of the one you downloaded!

HERE it is (scroll down a couple of posts) -

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8441&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=250

The ONLY thing missing from there is DriverPack (it DOES work - get it), and any other Add-On's (e.g. dotNet). Those are "elsewhere" and can be pointed to if need be.

Edited by submix8c