Win 95b on VMWare on AMD Athlon X2 issues.

It seems now I'm in a total loss: I upgraded to VMWare Workstation 9.0.2 (the latest) and have redone all my steps. Win95 now boots and everything looks nice. SiSoft Sandra now shows some more accurate results:

post-376300-0-27639300-1365322263_thumb.png

post-376300-0-27639300-1365322263_thumb.

... BUT when I make a snapshot inside Win95 and try to restore it at a later time VMWare (or better the Win95-VM) just freezes. It doesn't react to mouse (in fact it doesn't even show the mouse pointer), keyboard and even commands from the VM GUI (like CTRL-ALT-DEL, Suspend, Power off). I have to kill the VMWare-vmx.exe to kill the VM and then start the VM anew and Win95 works again (after running Scandisk ...).

Anyone with Win95b and the same VMWare version can verify this?

I'm assuming this issue is still limited to the AMD machine? Or does it happen on the Intel machine as well?

I use VMware Workstation 7.0 on a Intel P4 system and I have never encountered any problems using 95C... :unsure:

I'm assuming this issue is still limited to the AMD machine? Or does it happen on the Intel machine as well?

I use VMware Workstation 7.0 on a Intel P4 system and I have never encountered any problems using 95C... :unsure:

Sorry for the late answer. Yes, the above mentioned happens on the AMD machine. I haven't tested it on the Intel machine because I only got one 9.0 license and I'm not planing on upgrade the 6.5 on the Intel to 9.0.

Since it's AMD only, I've updated the title accordingly.

While things sure do seem to have improved on VMWare v. 9.0, by the way you describe 'em, at the end of the day it remains unusable. :(

Since it's AMD only, I've updated the title accordingly.

While things sure do seem to have improved on VMWare v. 9.0, by the way you describe 'em, at the end of the day it remains unusable. :(

Yeah, at least not what I expect from a VM. Makes me really wonder if I'm the only one that tries to run Win95 on a AMD machine with VMWare. It even is a supported guest OS on VMWare. I think I have to report the problems to VMWare. At least they know then about the problems.

Yeah, at least not what I expect from a VM. Makes me really wonder if I'm the only one that tries to run Win95 on a AMD machine with VMWare. It even is a supported guest OS on VMWare. I think I have to report the problems to VMWare. At least they know then about the problems.

You sure should, since VMWare 6.5+ working OK on Intels and not even 9.0.2 doing it right on AMDs clearly points out to something being *very* wrong. Moreover you can describe them in fine details how can they reproduce the issue, so that I bet they will provide a solution to it, probably faster than we may imagine. Good luck and keep us posted!