Microsoft account sign-in assistant broken

martinlink

Hey,

I had a problem earlier with certain folders not opening. I've now found out that it's the microsoft account sign-in assistant service. When it is enabled, I can't access the folders (D:\ drive and Music folder on my desktop) and Windows store and games are unable to log in, they just remain at the loading screen forever. When I disable it, the folders work but the store and games apps say "Can't sign in, try again later".

So I'm stuck here with no access to the store or any of my apps that require a log-in.

Is there a way to fix the sign-in assistant without doing a refresh? I've done a refresh a few months ago and I'm not willing to go through it again (hundreds of programs and games installed already).

Please advise!!!

Edited by martinlink

• 4 weeks later...

Is it safe to say that Windows 8 is a broken product and I should get a refund for it? The problem still persists after trying literally everything possible to make the assistant work.

• 1 month later...

I removed all the programs before upgrading (only left the games).

But I am happy to report that with the recent updates, the problem is gone. Microsoft was just a bit slow fixing it, though they were aware of the issues.

Case closed! :)