To be able modify the Windows install CD files, one need to hack the setupapi.dll file. There are well explained and documented where and what to modify for Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2, thanks to fdv: http://www.vorck.com/windows/edit-setupapi.html However the guide cover only the there mentioned Windows versions, not the one I want to use. Searching for the "90 90 90 90 90 8B FF 55 8B EC 8B 45 2C 33 C9 3B C1" as Fred Vorck suggested turn out of no result in my version of the file. So, what I need is some help how to do this. I cannot find the byte sequence for the XP SP3 version - 8B FF 55 8B EC - but I can found the byte sequences (4 cases of them) as for the Windows 2000 SP4 setupapi.dll file = 55 8B EC FF 75. When I changed the second one of them (as in Win2k SP4 version of the file), at the offset 4F17D (not same as for Win2k SP4 version of the file) it does not work at all. The install went file, but hand on on network components, at about 60% forever. I did use the modifyPE -c on the file after I modified it to make the setup working... When I pushed harder to make sure it is the modification fault, then I tried remove the "_X" that cause the setup to check the files: ...the setup immediatelly, after the first reboot, started to complaining about modified files that are "serious problem" and setup "cannot continue". That means the patch I made to the setupapi.dll is not working So, I asking if anyone know the correct byte sequence or have some ideas to try this version of the file. Thanks! I got recommended this: ...however it only make the install crash. The install with the original file complained, when I used modified LAYOUT.INF, syssetup.inf, TXTSETUP.SIF and WINNT.SIF files. And did not continue. When I used the patched setupapi.dll file, then it just (at the moment when with the original setupapi.dll it just complained about the files - after the copy and the 1st reboot, in the nicer WinXP install GUI) crash. Sadly. Anyone can help?