Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

DosProbie

Sounds like you prefer a simple and functional desktop.  That's my goal also.

I use the Windows 8.1 standard theme with Aero Glass for Win 8.1 and a minimalist theme atlas file here.  I've reduced the size of the window chrome by importing registry values saved from a Windows 7 system.

AeroGlassWhiteTitles.png

-Noel

I dont even care for AERO, TRANSPARENCY and the COLORS you have. 

I want Windows 2000. Simple and light Grey. No Dark or bright tones. 

Office 2013 is too WASHED OUT WHITE.. So bit of the Gray is better. 

I use the Windows 8.1 standard theme with Aero Glass for Win 8.1 and a minimalist theme atlas file here.  I've reduced the size of the window chrome by importing registry values saved from a Windows 7 system.

AeroGlassWhiteTitles.png

-Noel

Hello. Has anyone found a theme that maintains the settings of the default theme but changes the white background in file explorer (both the tree and the main window) and probably other applications to light grey?

AeroGlassWhiteTitles.png

-Noel

So that's just the factory default theme that comes with Windows 8? Would you willing to share your theme atlas? Or maybe you could pack your theme into a themepack file? Because that is literally exactly what I'm looking for in a theme. I can grab AG from BM's website myself.

Lastly, did BM make that control panel? Or is it third party?

Edited by ptd163

Ptd163, yes, that's the factory default theme plus Aero Glass for Win 8.1 plus my own theme atlas.

Save for a small change to make light characters on a dark "glow", it is available on BigMuscle's download site.

Here's a version that puts up a dark background "glow" behind title text, in case you like the light characters on dark background look.

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/temp/themeatlas.png

And yes, that's BigMuscle's own beta GUI application to modify Aero Glass parameters pictured in my screen grab, also available from his download site, and with which I changed the caption text color to white as shown.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC