Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

DosProbie

For all the RP lovers out there..

++ "Aero 8.1 RP" Custom Theme for Windows 8.1 ++

Aero_8_1_RP.png

the theme has an issue for non Glass users. When the window is inactive, the text background is highlighted:

attachicon.gifRP_theme_inactive.png

can you change this?

Probably not as It was not designed for non glass but Aero, but I can look into it, Presently I am looking to updating it anyway and will repost when I have it done.

~DP

• 1 month later...

If you use Tihiy's OldNewExplorer @ http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-make-your-81-explorer-work-like-win78-one/

Then check off the option "Hide caption text in File Explorer windows" you don't have to deal with the blurred text and personally

looks a lot cleaner and unclutterd.

Thanks, but I changed the theme back to Aero RP recently.

If you use Tihiy's OldNewExplorer @ http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-make-your-81-explorer-work-like-win78-one/

Then check off the option "Hide caption text in File Explorer windows" you don't have to deal with the blurred text and personally

looks a lot cleaner and unclutterd.

Thanks, but I changed the theme back to Aero RP recently.

Great!, glad you got it working now..

~DP

Er... I mean I thank you for answering but I am using another theme now. And FYI, I don't even use Tihiy's OldNewExplorer!

Glad that you were glad thinking I got it working!  :blushing:

i would love to download that theme, but for some reason my pc will not let me access adfly links :(

Using latest IE with no extentions will work fine. :P

not for me, i think either my router or my hosts file or possibly mbam is blocking it, i got one of my friends on irc to follow the link for me.  Awesome job updating the Aero8.1 theme for u1, works great :D

Hello. I'm looking for a theme or skin that will turn the window background color of applications (including file explorer) to grey, cream, or some light color that's not very bright. Right now, I'm looking at the retro skin pack featured in the Winareo site, which was mentioned earlier.

Also, I prefer using my current theme, which is just the default theme for Win 8.1 with my own wallpaper. I'd like to know what software can be used to make the color change so that I can do it myself.

Even now I use Classic Shell in Win 7 and make things look like Windows 2000. I like OSX and Windows 2000, look which is mostly GRAY shades and less TONE/ COLOR for OS. 

Let Icons and Programs & Apps stand out a bit. I like keeping Office 2013 at Dark Gray.

So based on the above,.. what would you recommend?

Whats the best 'minimalistic' Classic or Classic like, Gray (Light, Mid or Dark) theme that you'd recommend?