Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

DosProbie

what do i have to do to use this theme with the glass8 rc2?

http://xxinightxx.deviantart.com/art/Aero-8-1-Windows-8-1-413881040

i ran the uxtheme patcher, have rebooted several times, when i apply the theme, i have win7 colors and win8 buttons, etc

edit: after running a different uxtheme patcher and another reboot the custom themes are working again.

Edited by truexfan81

I wish I had Style Builder so I could port my Win7 themes to 8.1. I really don't want to hex everything all over again...

Export, all the images in WSB. Open a 8.1 theme in a new WSB window. Then import all of your images and fix all the content/sizing margins, colors and fonts. You don't have to hex edit. Just make sure you are running the latest test build of WSB from the vista style builder forums.

Can anyone help?..i like the flat windows themes and colors BUT! when i have 2 say boxes open if i click 1 the border on the other turns white

is there a way that if i click outside of a box or on the desktop the the border will stay a solid color?.post-385786-0-61723800-1387491078_thumb.

Can anyone help?..i like the flat windows themes and colors BUT! when i have 2 say boxes open if i click 1 the border on the other turns white

is there a way that if i click outside of a box or on the desktop the the border will stay a solid color?.attachicon.gifScreenshot (5).png

you would need a custom theme that forces inactive window to be darker.

is there a way that if i click outside of a box or on the desktop the the border will stay a solid color?.attachicon.gifScreenshot (5).png

You must patch your system and use a custom VS for this.

You can try this http://www.deviantart.com/art/Windows-8-1-RTM-Dark-Aero-409206911

It has 3 option for min, max, close buttons (2 of aero and one default windows 8.1 style)

It's been quite a while. I'm back. I'm figuring stuff out. One of those Consumer Preview themes I checked out on deviantart had some issues with ie11. Only issue it had. Wonder if that's possible to fix? I'm going to look and see now that 8.1's been out for a bit longer if the themes have improved enough to meet my finicky needs. Don't know why I'm so difficult to please. EDIT: ****, they sure have improved. Thanks xXiNightXx! Your theme pretty much meets my expectations and also comes without any visual bugs. Great job indeed! Seriously, the roundedness, Aero, and Start Menu are now all finally back. It's a miracle. Just so glad that I don't have to stare at tablet-optimized ugliness any more.

Edited by MikeRL

I wish I had Style Builder so I could port my Win7 themes to 8.1. I really don't want to hex everything all over again...

Export, all the images in WSB. Open a 8.1 theme in a new WSB window. Then import all of your images and fix all the content/sizing margins, colors and fonts. You don't have to hex edit. Just make sure you are running the latest test build of WSB from the vista style builder forums.

I don't have Style Builder purchased. I don't have $30 for it.

• 3 weeks later...