Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

DosProbie

There is NO classic desktop left in windows 8. It is one of the first things that was removed.

No remnants, no files. NOTHING left of it. You cannot reg hack something that is NOT there.

I guess what makes me wonder about that is this. You know when you run chkdsk or refresh the Prefectch cache in XP, and you end up with a slow boot. Sometimes the visual style will not render immediately and it shows remnants of classic object (such as title bars and caption buttons). So if the Windows 8 desktop doesn't render objects in time, what does it show as a placeholder?

Don't mind my skepticism. I just never one to accept that something is a certain way only on Microsoft's saying so (there have been many times they cite something as impossible when in fact it's not). But if you say that classic objects are gone, then that's good enough.

I plan on updating the Royal 8 Suite for windows 8.1 Luckily you found a dl to my old files on someones youtube. I accidentally removed them from my DA and lost the original files in a HD crash. XD

Oh, really? Awesome! I'm glad I was able to recover those files for you XD. That Adobe 8.1 theme looks really awesome.

ribbon_theme_for_8_1_by_supershadow124-d

I found this Ribbon Theme on deviantart. Originally for Windows 7 http://jordanfc.deviantart.com/art/Ribbon-VS-for-win-7-124505557 , and I thought it looked interesting. So I said to myself, "Why not bring it to Windows 8 and 8.1." Essentially that's what I did. Imported it to Windows 8 and 8.1.

This theme fits with the Consumer Preview Ribbon.

aero_hybrid_theme_for_8_1_only_by_supers

Aero Hybrid is a theme I did after importing the Ribbon Theme. I like the way it turned out.

windows_8_floating_theme_for_8_1_by_supe

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Windows-8-themes-in-Windows-7-124562785 Another Windows 7 theme I found. Actually this was a theme built for a Post-Beta Build. (Build 7100), and I actually do remember using

this on the final build when I use to use Windows 7, so I just had to import it to Windows 8 and 8.1.

These 3 Themes support the control panel Navigation Panes. (Yes I'm still using the now discontinued Shell32 Patch. Which I shouldn't be using anymore, but I miss having the design for the Navigation bar in the Control Panel.)

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

I plan on updating the Royal 8 Suite for windows 8.1 Luckily you found a dl to my old files on someones youtube. I accidentally removed them from my DA and lost the original files in a HD crash. XD

Oh, really? Awesome! I'm glad I was able to recover those files for you XD. That Adobe 8.1 theme looks really awesome.

Here is something cool Startisback does now. Supports PNG start buttons that are not limited in size. Behold, the Xp start button style with a bit of 8 flare :D

PEUtPJd.png

0VCRxde.png

Edited by xXiNightXx

There is NO classic desktop left in windows 8. It is one of the first things that was removed.

No remnants, no files. NOTHING left of it. You cannot reg hack something that is NOT there.

That's actually not true, both Aero Basic and Windows Classic still exist, it's just not easy to apply it anymore because there's no up front way to do it. They exist purely as a fallback but they're there.

Sweet, I know Classic Shell supports both .bmp and .png but anyway I like it..where can we get the file?

They will be in a complete Windows XP Theme Suite for windows 8.1 Here is a full preview of whats done so far.

http://xxinightxx.deviantart.com/art/Royale-8-1-Preview-416795829

Edited by xXiNightXx

That's actually not true, both Aero Basic and Windows Classic still exist, it's just not easy to apply it anymore because there's no up front way to do it. They exist purely as a fallback but they're there.

I noticed the basic theme in a program such as Adobe Flash

5xyPl.png

Notice the inner window has the Windows 7 Basic theme.

I even dig through the msstyle of the main theme. The Aero Basic is still in the msstyle.

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

I noticed the basic theme in a program such as Adobe Flash

5xyPl.png

Notice the inner window has the Windows 7 Basic theme.

I even dig through the msstyle of the main theme. The Aero Basic is still in the msstyle.

That's not the basic we are reffering to! Try the windows 98 or 2000 classic style.

Links to proof then? They're have been people that have picked win8 apart here since beta and no-one found it.

Occasionally when I mess up with system DLL's or the shellstyle of a windows 8/8.1 theme, it will force windows to load classic style buttons/drawn textures. It is still in the system. Just not available in the theme selection.