Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

DosProbie

Okay, I thought you wanted to porting the theme full .. so this is not possible?

The full theme I've tried, I've ported the Aero Theme and all the files along with the Aero theme, the msstyle, the shellstyle.dll, whatever goes with the default theme, for some reason it doesn't work. It prevents me from logging onto my PC for some reason so I'd have to use a System Image to restore my PC to a previous backup. So I want to go for the next best thing. Recreating the theme to make it as close as possible to Consumer Preview. Which I want to do using the window frames of Nights "Aero 8" theme, with Grim's "Vista8ModernMix" theme and the Consumer Preview theme buttons. I have to contact Grim and Night and see if it's ok to use Nights window frame resource and Grim's Vista8ModernMix theme.

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

Non flat is no problem. Just replace the uiribbon.dll and the corresponding mui files with the ones from the Consumer Preview. Done that some time ago.

Screenshot_12.png

That theme are you using currently on this screenshot.

Yes this theme how to porting it from the preview?

Okay good idea to take a few tricks of the theme of grim's! Let me know,

Edited by Max128

I believe you have to use the Security Tab on the properties of the 3 files

I have try but after that Windows tells me that it's files are already in use.

I figured it out. You may have to have the "explorer.exe" not running while using the Task Manager to replace the RibbionUI or If you're dual booting Windows on your main computer. Go to the other operating system and replace the Ribbion Files there.

I also found out there is RibbionUI Files in the SysWOW64 folder. Which can only be used by the SysWOW64 folder from the Consumer Preview.

If you ever use a task that requires "sfc /scannow" via elevated command prompt. The process will switch the Ribbon files back to their original ones. Is there a way to go IN to the Ribbion DLL files to replace only the images contained within the Ribbon, without completely changing the UI DLL file itself.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wmb1f0 < This is the Consumer Preview Ribbon for System32 and SysWOW64

14l4h0l.jpg

This image tutorial may not be much, I hope someone can make a better description of this than me XD.

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

A Work-in-Progress theme for Windows 8 / 8.1. "Seven8" Based from Mr.Grim's "Vista8ModernMix" theme.

Looks very interesting, I admit the only - and only - detail which keep me away from Windows 8 is the new flat theme, myself missing a lot the old look and feel of the Aero Glass theme from Windows Vista and 7.

My biggest annoyance is that Microsoft doesn't even changed most of the graphics used in the desktop part of Windows (like the old glossy buttons or toolbars in the pictures viewer, Windows Media Player, system icons...) and almost all of the existing third-party softwares looks a bit too out of place with the new theme.

Very good to see projects such as Aero Glass by bigmuscle and these visual styles inspired by the glassy version of Aero. Thank you all! :)

I just have few little question about your themes, first do you plan to make a rounded version of your theme (like in Windows 7), and second does any customizers out there know if it is possible to change or remove the "up to parent folder" arrow from the Explorer navigation bar?

I believe you have to use the Security Tab on the properties of the 3 files

I have try but after that Windows tells me that it's files are already in use.

I figured it out. You may have to have the "explorer.exe" not running while using the Task Manager to replace the RibbionUI or If you're dual booting Windows on your main computer. Go to the other operating system and replace the Ribbion Files there.

I also found out there is RibbionUI Files in the SysWOW64 folder. Which can only be used by the SysWOW64 folder from the Consumer Preview.

However, I believe this could somehow conflict with installing or updating Modern Apps via Windows Store, I am not sure.

If you ever use a task that requires "sfc /scannow" via elevated command prompt. The process will switch the Ribbon files back to their original ones. Is there a way to go IN to the Ribbion DLL files to replace only the images contained within the Ribbon, without completely changing the UI DLL file itself.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wmb1f0 < This is the Consumer Preview Ribbon for System32 and SysWOW64

This image tutorial may not be much, I hope someone can make a better description of this than me XD.

A Work-in-Progress theme for Windows 8 / 8.1. "Seven8" Based from Mr.Grim's "Vista8ModernMix" theme.

Great I'll try this today , So this is the theme? and not only ribbon? but the taskbar I want to keep it as default.

The sendspace rar is the Ribbon files only.

The theme I'll put up whenever I have it completed or whenever there's an Aero-Based Theme for WIndows 8.1 Other than this

http://mrgrim01.deviantart.com/art/Vista-8-Modern-Mix-369583696?q=gallery%3AMrGRiM01&qo=3 This theme is how you see it. But it doesn't affect the Ribbon. I'd like to figure out how to do the theme that makes the Ribbon UI fit the theme as well so I wouldn't have to mess with the System files... but idk how yet.