Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

DosProbie

Here is screenshot of vista theme with authentic desktop icons for User files and Network, I made a vista.dll file with all vista icons, You can use it with any of the Vista themes on here to complete the vista desktop experience, if anyone is interested let me know and I can post the file with instructions on here..DP

Is that on Windows 8?

If so, how did you get the transparent address bar, etc?

Windows Vista...

• 3 weeks later...

an_old_version_of_windows_8_by_supershad

I'd like to know if there's any way possible to port this theme of this old version of Windows 8, including the non-flat Ribbon UI, and port it to the final of 8 and 8.1.

This is the Consumer Preview Winver 6.2 Build 8250.

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

Can you tell me the files of the ones to get from Consumer Preview other than the UIRibbon file and the corresponding mui ones from the en-US folder, just to make sure I'm getting the right ones? If you can, that'd be great. I've always remembered the Non-Flat Ribbon that use to be in Consumer Preview. I thought to myself, Why couldn't Microsoft leave that alone?

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

Can you tell me the files of the ones to get from Consumer Preview other than the UIRibbon file and the corresponding mui ones from the en-US folder, just to make sure I'm getting the right ones? If you can, that'd be great. I've always remembered the Non-Flat Ribbon that use to be in Consumer Preview. I thought to myself, Why couldn't Microsoft leave that alone?

You need 3 files, UIRibbon.dll, UIRibbonRes.dll and UIRibbon.dll.mui, just tried it and it worked.

You need 3 files, UIRibbon.dll, UIRibbonRes.dll and UIRibbon.dll.mui, just tried it and it worked.

I want this theme too, can you upload the files please thanks!