Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

DosProbie

• 3 weeks later...

Here is screenshot of vista theme with authentic desktop icons for User files and Network, I made a vista.dll file with all vista icons, You can use it with any of the Vista themes on here to complete the vista desktop experience, if anyone is interested let me know and I can post the file with instructions on here..DP

Vista_Theme.jpg

There is a TON of gorgeous work shown in this thread, but this is my favorite (so far)! :thumbup (For the reason, just check what I have as my OS over on the left...) It seems to complete the beautiful theme xXiNightXx created.

Please do post the file and instructions. Maybe you can list everything that the image that we see above involves in terms of OS tweaks?

Also, would this theme work on a Windows 7 machine?

Thanks very much.

--JorgeA

Edited by JorgeA

Because of all the requests, I am updating my VistaSe7en Aero Theme which includes a lot of bonus software and easy installer, should have something by end of the week or first part of next week, In meantime xXiNightXx has a great Aero theme and Vista theme posted on here with the rounded corners similar to my screen shot, then you can just update the desktop icons etc. DP

Here is screenshot of vista theme with authentic desktop icons for User files and Network, I made a vista.dll file with all vista icons, You can use it with any of the Vista themes on here to complete the vista desktop experience, if anyone is interested let me know and I can post the file with instructions on here..DP

Vista_Theme.jpg

There is a TON of gorgeous work shown in this thread, but this is my favorite (so far)! :thumbup (For the reason, just check what I have as my OS over on the left...) It seems to complete the beautiful theme xXiNightXx created.

Please do post the file and instructions. Maybe you can list everything that the image that we see above involves in terms of OS tweaks?

Thanks very much.

--JorgeA

• 2 weeks later...

Because of all the requests, I am updating my VistaSe7en Aero Theme which includes a lot of bonus software and easy installer, should have something by end of the week or first part of next week, In meantime xXiNightXx has a great Aero theme and Vista theme posted on here with the rounded corners similar to my screen shot, then you can just update the desktop icons etc. DP

Thanks very much.

--JorgeA

The screenshot you posted, is that windows 7 or 8?

It would have to be Windows 7, the explorer windows don't look like that in Windows 8, the part behind the address bar and navigation buttons can not be aero glass and also there is no up arrow next to the nav buttons.

It would have to be Windows 7, the explorer windows don't look like that in Windows 8, the part behind the address bar and navigation buttons can not be aero glass and also there is no up arrow next to the nav buttons.

I thought so...

It is actually a shot of Vista..biggrin.gif

I thought so...

• 2 months later...

Nice Looking Theme!!

Only thing is your installer is showing 3 Trojan virus hits with VirusTotal, probably false-positive because of a cracked version of winrar and sfx.. DP

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b511dce50a3bd1aea455f825f31b51d4621a804cda95a57e135d1666030663f0/analysis/1380641208/

Edited by DosProbie

Strange, my copy of winrar is legit. I just updated to the latest version of it, should not be popping up any issues. Its most likely the command that it uses at the end to open the personalization window. "control.exe desktop"

Nice Looking Theme!!

Only thing is your installer is showing 3 Trojan virus hits with VirusTotal, probably false-positive because of a cracked version of winrar and sfx.. DP

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b511dce50a3bd1aea455f825f31b51d4621a804cda95a57e135d1666030663f0/analysis/1380641208/

Edited by xXiNightXx

Vista_Theme.jpg

Is that on Windows 8?

If so, how did you get the transparent address bar, etc?