Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

DosProbie

Just some new tweaks to my Aero Theme for windows 8:

Thanks for this update version. I only use theme Square Default as usual!

I happened to delete the previous version without backing it up. How awful! Do you still have the old link so that I can download it again, Night?

Here is screenshot of vista theme with authentic desktop icons for User files and Network, I made a vista.dll file with all vista icons, You can use it with any of the Vista themes on here to complete the vista desktop experience, if anyone is interested let me know and I can post the file with instructions on here..DP

Vista_Theme.jpg

I happened to delete the previous version without backing it up. How awful! Do you still have the old link so that I can download it again, Night?

No, its long gone. What did you like about the previous version? (I could potentially add it in as an alternate msstyle.)

Here is screenshot of vista theme with authentic desktop icons for User files and Network, I made a vista.dll file with all vista icons, You can use it with any of the Vista themes on here to complete the vista desktop experience, if anyone is interested let me know and I can post the file with instructions on here..DP

Vista_Theme.jpg

Is that windows 7 in the picture? I have seen a couple people have the windows 7 explorer frames where the glass area is back in the navigation area, but could not tell if it was fake or real.

a comment - no more on the vista theme above - i downloaded it - installed it and it worked fine although i never saw rounded corners - i have uxstle installed - i did a reboot as some updates had installed and could bor reboot - just a black screen - had to do a system restore

am not saying its the theme - just asking if anyone else has had problems - not keen to try it again at the moment

The theme has 2 styles rounded and squared. To get the rounded borders, you select the round theme and enable aero glass as described in the install text file. As for the black screen bug, what theme patcher did you install?

No, its long gone. What did you like about the previous version?

I am not very sure why I prefer the older version. Perhaps I like more visible strikes on the title bar! But it's OK, this update is also very nice. I like it much more than any other themes by you. Thanks for replying.

No, its long gone. What did you like about the previous version?

I am not very sure why I prefer the older version. Perhaps I like more visible strikes on the title bar! But it's OK, this update is also very nice. I like it much more than any other themes by you. Thanks for replying.

yeah I had lots of request to lower the opacity of the streaks on the taskbar/windows. Not much I can do about it now since it took me forever just to make the new frames. lol

a comment - no more on the vista theme above - i downloaded it - installed it and it worked fine although i never saw rounded corners - i have uxstle installed - i did a reboot as some updates had installed and could bor reboot - just a black screen - had to do a system restore

am not saying its the theme - just asking if anyone else has had problems - not keen to try it again at the moment

The theme has 2 styles rounded and squared. To get the rounded borders, you select the round theme and enable aero glass as described in the install text file. As for the black screen bug, what theme patcher did you install?

i had and have uxstyle - that is/was running as i was using a theme that needed it - i installed your thems - did it manually and played around with it for some little time - tried square and rounded corners - did not see rounded - but did not have them set in the tweaker - no problem as i prefer square - that was just a comment as it all was

all was working fine - i was prompted to reboot as windows had updated so did that and got a black screen on reload - only way back was a system repair back to a day or so ago

as i say comments - no more - if no one else has seen it then i am happy to blame Microsoft

i had and have uxstyle - that is/was running as i was using a theme that needed it - i installed your thems - did it manually and played around with it for some little time - tried square and rounded corners - did not see rounded - but did not have them set in the tweaker - no problem as i prefer square - that was just a comment as it all was

all was working fine - i was prompted to reboot as windows had updated so did that and got a black screen on reload - only way back was a system repair back to a day or so ago

as i say comments - no more - if no one else has seen it then i am happy to blame Microsoft

I have had the black screen bugs back when I use to have my system files patched just to use themes. But ever since I switched to : http://www.uxstyle.com/ the black screens went away after updates.

Edited by xXiNightXx

I have had the black screen bugs back when I use to have my system files patched just to use themes. But ever since I switched to : http://www.uxstyle.com/ the black screens went away after updates.

thats what i am using - as said i am not blaming the theme - just looking to try and find why it happened

Rev 2.4

Rev 2.3

Edited by CKyHC

I wish there would be an Aero theme with the title bar like this Ambient. The white caption on the title bar is so nice IMO. If it is an aero visual style, it will have the automatic color, right?

Don't know what has happened! I've got back Aero rev 2.4, applied it and then decided to use rev 3.0 instead! But will keep rev 2.4 in case I change my mind again!

Thanks for all the themes posted on this thread, btw.