Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

DosProbie

Welcome to the world of Aero for windows 8! This theme has been redesigned to fit in with the style of windows 8 with squared off borders, buttons, and controls (Also Rounded). It works well with the Aero blur tool and startisback Start menu re-implementation. This theme includes all Windows 7 Themes; Architecture, Characters, Lanscapes, Nature, Scenes, & United states. (Includes Wallpapers, SoundSchemes, & Cursors).

Download (also check out my Deviantart for more theme styles I have been working on :D )

Night,

Like your update theme so much! It's beautiful. The inactive window does look brighter. Many thanks for doing it.

Edit: removing picture.

Edited by Aloha

And Caption frames in white or black like win8?

I probably won't revise or change the nature theme at this time as I am currently working on some new Scapes themes perhaps I will add the Win8 style caption buttons then..

Thanks! Please don't forget glow effect on buttons.

Maybe try white?

I think yellow will be best for any colorization.

xXiNightXx,

Even though the inactive title bar is a little too dark, I think your theme is very good-looking! It does change the color automatically with the wallpapers. But why the window corners still look round even when I choose Aero 8 Square default? Is it because I don't have Aero Glass?

PS. Everytime I change the theme I hate W8 like hell! It always disables the screen saver whenever a new theme is applied!

Edit: Never mind! I've just enabled windows shadows and they look square now!

I managed to lighten the inactive border and also de-saturated the borders a bit. They were a little too saturated. I should have an update for it out later. To use the round border theme, you will need to use this tool to make the blur go rounded.

Thanks for update the theme. Version 2.4 looks very nice! Saturation now is very good. But spikes (espeсially at taskbar) seems to be more visible then in Windows 7. It's real to make they less visible? They needed but they must be a less visible.

For those of us that want our custom theme color adjust as we change the theme papers, Windows 8 came out with a feature called Auto Colorization and here is how to activate it.

• Change dominant color of theme wallpaper as you change background or slideshow •

• Open your custom aero.theme in Notepad (make sure the theme is not you current active theme first)

• Go down to the [VisualStyles] section

• Look for the line AutoColorization=0 and change to 1

• Save the file and reload theme in Personalization

Now your Windows colors will auto adjust depending on the dominant background color!yes.gif

++ Pirate Scapes Aero Themepack For Windows 8 ++

LQQking for some adventure and pirates plunder to add to your desktop? Then hoists your sails and batten down the hatches with the "Pirate Scapes Themepack" for Windows 8! [Cloud Download Link]

Preview_1.jpg

[includes]

• Pirate wallpapers, sound, cursor schemes and pirate desktop icons.

• Bonus pack of pirate theme music, pirate font pack and user bmp.

• Rounded glow + Square non glow.

• Easy Installer and Uninstaller included!

[install]

• To install this theme just right click "Setup.exe" as Administrator.

will auto install Theme (doing all the dirty work for you) then will restart to finalize changes.

• Tip:When running the Square theme make sure you uncheck "Rounded windows frames" if using AGTweaker.

Enjoy!! DP yes.gif

Edited by DosProbie

thats nice - some excellent wallpapers - would be better [i think] if the text at the top of the windows was a light colour - very difficult to read on the dark colours - easier on the round cornered one where there is some background blur but that does not show on the square corned one

Edited by adacom

I am using a lap and the taskbar is slightly darker but still very readable, was just trying to get away from the cotton candy blur on the text but If your using AGTweaker you can adjust the Opacity and Blur sliders and check off the Use native Blur for the text.. DP

thats nice - some excellent wallpapers - would be better [i think] if the text at the top of the windows was a light colour - very difficult to read on the dark colours - easier on the round cornered one where there is some background blur but that does not show on the square corned one

I am using a lap and the taskbar is slightly darker but still very readable, was just trying to get away from the cotton candy blur on the text but If your using AGTweaker you can adjust the Opacity and Blur sliders and check off the Use native Blur for the text.. DP

thanks - done most of that - it all is great as i said - just a personal thing - not a show stopper by any means - been using it - just my personal taste - thought it was a reg value but cannot find it - is it embedded in the skin

Just some new tweaks to my Aero Theme for windows 8:

Aero 8 for Windows 8

Welcome to the world of Aero for windows 8! This theme has been redesigned to fit in with the style of windows 8 with squared off borders, buttons, and controls (Also Rounded). It works well with the Aero blur tool and startisback Start menu re-implementation. This theme includes all Windows 7 Themes; Architecture, Characters, Lanscapes, Nature, Scenes, & United states. (Includes Wallpapers, SoundSchemes, & Cursors).

-----------New Releases "Aero 8"---------------------------------

REV 3.0 5/12/13

-Improved Window Frames (Both Themes)

-IMproved Taskbar (Both Themes)

-Fixed Side Taskbar-Small Icons (Both Themes)

-Fixed Inactive Window Text Glow Color (Rounded Theme)

-Added Aero Glass Compatible Default Theme Files (In Extras Folder)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Download

aero_8_rev_3_0_by_xxinightxx-d5so8o8.png

a comment - no more on the vista theme above - i downloaded it - installed it and it worked fine although i never saw rounded corners - i have uxstle installed - i did a reboot as some updates had installed and could bor reboot - just a black screen - had to do a system restore

am not saying its the theme - just asking if anyone else has had problems - not keen to try it again at the moment