Netbook Installation

Hi all, :hello:

Do any of you happen to have ever installed win2k on an acer netbook (ao722-0879)? I was able to get through the installation using Standard PC (F5) but could not find 1 driver for either the wifi or network card. Pretty frustrating. It uses an AMD C-60 processor. I tried all the xp drivers for atheros, AMD, and broadcom but could not get any to work. Any ideas?

Edited by tramtrist

You could try and edit the .inf to support Win2k. In case you don't know about UURollup, get the daily version, and try to launch the driver with Application Compatibility launcher.

It has worked for me on my Wireless card driver.

Edited by AnX

Thanks AnX

Actually I am quite familiar with uurollup and the extended kernels :)

I will try modifying the inf file like the other thread i saw where you take out the .x86 etc from the file.

Where can I find the application compatibility launcher? I have uurollup installed on another PC (main) and I don't see it.

Thanks!

Could you check what hardware IDs of the devices are? Have a look at this post for a simple method describing how to do it.

I included a simple manual for Application Compatibility Launcher on my website here.

As for UURollup, just remember that it's recommended to have a fully updated system and Update Rollup 2 installed before applying it.

Could you check what hardware IDs of the devices are? Have a look at this post for a simple method describing how to do it.

I included a simple manual for Application Compatibility Launcher on my website here.

As for UURollup, just remember that it's recommended to have a fully updated system and Update Rollup 2 installed before applying it.

Thanks tomasz...

I'm not sure I applied Update Rollup 2 before UURollup... Perhaps that had some impact.

Will let you all know what happens when I get the laptop back :ph34r: