Windows 2000 on 3rd Gen Intel PC.

AnX

Do you know that Intel Chipset driver has already had bugs ? :)

https://communities.intel.com/thread/38985

Here is how to fix the USB Problem on 3rd Gen systems. Something in the newer 2nd/3rd Gen Intel Chipsets prevents automatic USB install on Win2k due to a possible BSOD by using the old SP4 USB drivers (you need the newer UR1 or USP 5.1 drivers)
The solution: Manually install the drivers by running the device manager's Update driver wizard.

• 1 month later...

For the Graphics, I used Blackwingcat's forceware, alog with the latest (as of now) daily UURollup 11. It runs great, all 3d tests work, the system is running cool.

I will report on more later.

Sorry to ask, which driver you used finally, because i´m also trying to install on a similar configuration Win2k - but the graphics won´t work for me.

Configuration: Asus H61N-M, Pentium G2020, 4GB Ram ... i installed allready des USP5.1 with rollup 2 and the v11 Rollup.

Can you give some advice ?

tnx

For the Graphics, I used Blackwingcat's forceware, alog with the latest (as of now) daily UURollup 11. It runs great, all 3d tests work, the system is running cool.

I will report on more later.

Sorry to ask, which driver you used finally, because i´m also trying to install on a similar configuration Win2k - but the graphics won´t work for me.

Configuration: Asus H61N-M, Pentium G2020, 4GB Ram ... i installed allready des USP5.1 with rollup 2 and the v11 Rollup.

Can you give some advice ?

tnx

I highly recommend that you use an nVidia GPU with Windows 2000. They run the best and the most stable from my experiences. Additionally, AMD CPUs work better with Windows 2000. You'll have issues with standby on your Intel system, but other than that, it should work.