iTunes Help is unavailable because your computer isn’t connected to th

mtbvfr

I recently installed iTunes 10.7 (thanks to blackwingcat) on my PC which uses Windows Server 2000 for the Operating System.

Within the last 2 weeks I have changed the way I connect to the Internet.

Previously, I was connected by a wireless USB Modem which I shared (using Internet Connection Sharing) to the router via LAN cable from 1 of th LAN ports on my PC so that its wirless signal could be used by my Iphone 3GS.

The App Store application, on the iPhone, could recgonise the Internet Connection even though at that stage I had not yet created an Apple ID.

iTunes 10.7 would display the following 2 messages when started.

iTunesCouldNotConnectToStore.jpg

iTunesUnableToLoadDataClassInfoFromSyncServices.jpg

However, iTunes, on the PC, could see that the iPhone was connected to my PC as can be seen in the following image.

iTunesShowingConnectionToIphone.jpg

Now, I am connected to the Internet by a LAN cable to a router of the Internet Cafe around the corner. The cable is plugged into one of the LAN ports on my PC. This Internet connection is shared (using Internet Connection Sharing) to my second LAN port which is connected by cable to the Internet Port of my router.

iTunes, on the PC, still displays the same 2 messages when it starts.

However, the App Store application, on the iPhone, can no longer recognise an Internet connection even though Mobile Safari can.

When I try to access the Help feature of iTunes 10.7 on the PC I get the message "iTunes Help is unavailable because your computer isn’t connected to the Internet".

Trying to run the Diagnostic feature, under the Help menu, to test the Network Connectivity produces the following of which I have informed blackwingcat.

ConnectivityTestApplicationError.jpg

I clicked on the Cancel button which produced the following.

MsVisualStudioUnhandledException.jpg

I clicked on the Break button which produced the following.

NoSymbolsLoaded.jpg

I clicked on the Show Disassembly button which produced the following.

DisassemblyAndCallStack.jpg

When I stopped the Debugging the following was displayed.

CannotDetachFromProcess.jpg

I clicked on the Yes button.

I have done some searching online and I have tried the following to no avail.

Setting Security to Default for the Internet Options and Stopping the Bonjour Service.

I don't want to try "netsh winsock reset" yet because I also read that it can cause problems.

Apple Software Update was able to find an update for QuickTime

The LAN Settings dialogue shows that "Automatically detect settings" is checked for Automatic Configuration and that there is no Proxy Server being used.

Is this a Firewall problem as I have read elsewhere?

There are no Firewall options I can see in my Control Panel. If it's a Firewall problem, I may not be able to know what the situation is with the Internet Cafe until Monday. :(

Does anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks, Michael.