How to Integrate Basic Updates/IE8/WMP11

submix8c

My GOD!

I'm a dumbas*!

I don't understand a half of the first post.

I only want to REPLACE IE6 with IE8.

I don't want to see the trace of IE6 like it never existed on XP.

Is that possible???

As -X- said.

No, you're not a @#$%....

Edited first post for clarification (third paragraph)... no longer "clear as mud". ;)

Yeah, just download and run the latest UDC script in which IE6 has been replaced with IE8.

My GOD!

I'm a dumbas*!

I don't understand a half of the first post.

I only want to REPLACE IE6 with IE8.

I don't want to see the trace of IE6 like it never existed on XP.

Is that possible???

As -X- said.

No, you're not a @#$%....

Edited first post for clarification (third paragraph)... no longer "clear as mud". ;)

I guees that complete IE8 is in UDC pack???

Thanks guys!

I've just tried your whole pack within XP sp3.

As before and ALWAYS one of the IE hotfixes is not slipped properly, 2817183.

But, I'm using few optional updates from WinCert forums:

Addon DirectX Runtimes;

Addon OnePiece DotNet 1.1 and 2.0 + their hotfixes;

Addon VB + VC + Legacy Runtimes;

KB942288 Windows Installer 4.5

KB981669 Windows Installer 4.5 Hotfix

KB961118 .NET 1.1 hotfix (not included in Addon Pack);

KB2492386

But AS always one of the hotfixes for IE6 or IE8 whatever is not slipped properly.

Anybody knows WHY???

I think it's best if you start a new thread for that so as to not clutter this tutorial thread. Don't forget to attach your last session.ini.

I think it's best if you start a new thread for that so as to not clutter this tutorial thread. Don't forget to attach your last session.ini.

Aw! Why am I the only one with the problem????

I can also point out that right there in the Main Topic Post it specifically states the purpose of the Tutorial and that it absolutely works following it to the LETTER! Additionally, it states that it does NOT address anything above and beyond, as you are doing and it WARNS of it.

Try it TO THE LETTER and see if it woks. If so, you need not post again here because there is no error in the Tutorial. If not, then the Tutorial will need corrected.

Anything done BEYOND the Tutorial is an entirely different Topic. Make another Topic AFTER you've confirmed that this Tutorial works and providing both the Problem and the LastSession file. Notice that nLite subforum has Big Red Instructions at the top of each Topic Page. You did not comply with it. ;)

Aw! Why am I the only one with the problem????

Why? Dunno. Last INI would be helpful tho.:blink:

The answer is in the question.

How many times can a man turn his head pretending he just doesn't see ? :lol:

How many times can a man turn his head pretending he just doesn't see ? :lol:

LOL, from your alias, your avatar, (from the Godfather, right?) and this "quote", I assume you're old enough to remember Peter, Paul, and Mary, or do you like Bob Dylan's version better, since he actually wrote the song? (Blowin' in the Wind)

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

LOL, from your alias, your avatar, (from the Godfather, right?) and this "quote", I assume you're old enough to remember Peter, Paul, and Mary, or do you like Bob Dylan's version better, since he actually wrote the song? (Blowin' in the Wind)

Cheers and Regards

Yep, I am older than dirt, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now :P... Luca Brasi's demise...I like Dylan's version best B)

Regards,

Pink.

• 2 months later...

July 12, 2013 -

*** REVISION (new File added to UDC and is WMP Version-Specific and NOT a CAB)

NOTE! The Attachment has NOT been revised! Be aware!

See Post #1. All the "Red" changes.

• 5 months later...

Hello.

Thanks for the info. I'm new on this strange Windows world (never liked it though, but lets not get into SO debate xD) and this was helpfull. Its pretty basic, but has been usefull to me to deduc ehow nLite works to move fordward and finish my xp cd project.

I wanted to say this tutorial worked like a charm (to be honest, even if this CD was not my goal, I had to test if your tut. was ok before trying to move on), but my languaje is Spanish, and i'm going to make spanish CDs, so I made a script which generates the download links for ESN versions and edit the necesary thing in UDCyyyy-mm-dd.bat.

I havent been able to try it yet, but tell me: Was my work useless, or as I thought, I need ESN updates for ESN xp install? The only one I couldn't find is the old WGA which is listed first in xdot.tk.

And last question, as far as I understood from documentation of nLite, when you slipstream things this way they are REPLACING files in the instalation CD, so they will be like "preinstalled" (i mean, it may take longer than before if file is bigger than the removed, but this is much more efficient than making a clean install and preparing an unnatended installation for all updates, am I wrong?)

Again, sorry for the noobish questions, but i'm a gcc guy, and here I dont have sources to look at :blushing:

PS: If you tell me the updates need to be languaje specific, I'll post my scripts and methods to automatically obtain the maping englishLink->yourLangLink (which is not as easy as changing ENU for ESN, it involves crawling around microsoft site to get urls and put them together, then edit the UDC file. It is a 15 min work in a break at my real job, so dont expect elegancy or efficiency, it just does the task )