linksys wusb54gc in windows 98se

If anyone's interested, I've found a way to install the drivers and a working utility for the Linksys WUSB54GC to run in Windows 98se. I've not been able to test prolonged connectivity at this point.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I'm very interested :yes:

* How's the connectivity going?

* What version of the WUSB54GC do you have? Is it one of the following from this HowTo?

WUSB54GC v1

• Device Name: Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter
    FCC ID: Q87-WUSB54GC
    Device ID: USB\VID_13B1&PID_0020
    Chipset: RT2501U: RT2571WF MAC/BBP, RT2528L 2.4 GHz Transceiver
    Driver: Ralink-rt73

WUSB54GC v3

• Device Name: Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter
    FCC ID: Q87-WUSB54GCV3
    Device ID: USB\VID_1737&PID_0077
    Chipset: Integrated RT2070L: RT3070 MAC/BBP, RT2020 2.4 GHz Transceiver
    Driver: Ralink-rt2870

Yes, I'm very interested :yes:

* How's the connectivity going?

* What version of the WUSB54GC do you have? Is it one of the following from this HowTo?

I'm using Ver. 1.3 CD to install the drivers. I don't have the device id's right now but it's the silver ones-not black ones. Im using one from 2007 and one is dated 2008. It has worked on 3 different computers. The rt73u98.sys isn't listed but when you run the setup it pulls it out of the zip file. I actually had the utility from this CD work on a MSI-7211 computer. On the other older computers I had to use the wusb54gp ver. 4. utility. So the wusb54gp utility recognizes the wusb54gc device- only you may have to find the "drc.exe" file and run it manually for utility to recognize device. I haven't had the time to figure out why the utiltiy works on the msi-7211and not the others. Maybe others here know what's going on. Connectivity hasn't been a problem. Thanks, I didn't know about the other site but now I will try their driver.