OnePiece Addon support

Acheron

As I have been working on reducing the size of the Windows XP Setup folder HFSLIP currently does not replace all Internet Explorer 6 files when slipstreaming the Internet Explorer 8 installer files.

So I have tested integrating OnePiece's IE8 addon (created with OnePiece DX Addon buider) with RyanVM Integrator 1.6 to do the job with good results.

However HFSLIP does not check the Internet Explorer file versions when integrating updates which can result in newer files getting replaced by older versions.

To fix this I have made a few changes to the script to share with you.

First workaround is for KB951978, an update for Windows Script Host 5.7. As Internet Explorer 8 contains the newer vbscript.dll and jscript.dll files these files should not be replaced.

The second workaround is for updating the shdocvw.dll and browseui.dll files, but not replace any other IE8 files when integrating the latest Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 (to solve the issue described in KB972582)

Edited by Acheron

• 2 weeks later...

First add a check to see to if Internet Explorer 8 is integrated before :SLIPSTREAM

IF EXIST SOURCE\I386\SVCPACK\IE8.CAT SET VERSIONIE=IE8

Then change the following code

IF DEFINED IE8EXE SET HFSLP=900&CALL :IE8SLIP

to

IF DEFINED IE8EXE (SET HFSLP=900&CALL :IE8SLIP) ELSE (
IF EXIST HF\IE8-WindowsXP*.exe CALL :IE8_FIXES
)

Delete the following lines from :IE8SLIP

echo.&echo Processing Internet Explorer 8 Hotfixes&echo.
IF EXIST HF\IE8*-KB*.exe FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\IE8*-KB*.exe') DO (SET HF=%%I&SET IE7HFX=TRUE&CALL :HF1EXTRACT)
IF EXIST HF\BASIC\IE8*-KB*.exe FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\BASIC\IE8*-KB*.exe') DO (SET HF=%%I&SET IE7HFX=TRUE&CALL :HFBASIC)
IF EXIST HF\NOREG\IE8*-KB*.exe FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\NOREG\IE8*-KB*.exe') DO (SET HF=%%I&SET IE7HFX=TRUE&CALL :HFNOREG)
SET HF=

replace it with a call to :IE8_FIXES

:IE8_FIXES
echo.&echo Processing Internet Explorer 8 Hotfixes&echo.
IF EXIST HF\IE8*-KB*.exe FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\IE8*-KB*.exe') DO (SET HF=%%I&SET IE8HFX=TRUE&CALL :HF1EXTRACT)
IF EXIST HF\BASIC\IE8*-KB*.exe FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\BASIC\IE8*-KB*.exe') DO (SET HF=%%I&SET IE8HFX=TRUE&CALL :HFBASIC)
IF EXIST HF\NOREG\IE8*-KB*.exe FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\NOREG\IE8*-KB*.exe') DO (SET HF=%%I&SET IE8HFX=TRUE&CALL :HFNOREG)
SET IE8HFX=
SET HF=
GOTO :EOF

Now add the following workarounds to :HF1COMMON_A

REM WORKAROUND FOR INTERNET EXPLORER 8
IF EXIST TEMP\UPDATE\*951978* IF %VERSIONIE%==IE8 (
DEL/Q/F TEMP\SP%SP%QFE\jscript.dll
DEL/Q/F TEMP\SP%SP%QFE\vbscript.dll
)
REM WORKAROUND FOR INTERNET EXPLORER 8
IF NOT DEFINED IE8HFX IF %VERSIONIE%==IE8 (
IF EXIST TEMP\SP%SP%QFE\html.iec (
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B TEMP\SP%SP%QFE') DO IF /I NOT "%%I"=="shdocvw.dll" ( IF /I NOT "%%I"=="browseui.dll" DEL/Q/F TEMP\SP%SP%QFE\%%I )
)
)

And finally add the following line to :POSTHANDLING_XP

IF NOT DEFINED IE8EXE IF EXIST WORK\I386E\msfeedsbs.dll REN WORK\I386E\msfeedsbs.dll msfeedsb.dll

Edited by Acheron

The modifications I made are still in experimental phase. For integration you must add code to detect which IE version to integrate.

For some reason Windows Update keeps complaining about the latest cumulative security update after integrating KB2809289 using HFSLIP.

The modifications I made are still in experimental phase. For integration you must add code to detect which IE version to integrate.
This shouldn't be a problem...
For some reason Windows Update keeps complaining about the latest cumulative security update after integrating KB2809289 using HFSLIP.
...but maybe this! :D

Updated code sections to support integrating the cumulative security update after integrating OnePiece IE Addon. Useful if you want to quickly integrate the lastest security fixes without rebuilding the OnePiece IE8 Addon.

Another thing I noticed OnePiece keeps the Internet Explorer 8 mui files uncompressed to workaround a file copy error (on upgrade?). However I could not reproduce this error on my system.

Has anyone more information about this?