Weird problem with a game 1602AD

togermano

I tried this game on 2 windows 9x computers and on one computer it works perfectly on the other when I move the mouse towards the end of the screen so that the map moves around the game (think age of empires if you know this game) but for some reason when I do this it automatically moves towards the very edge of the map instead of moving slowly... Samething happens when I use the keyboard arrow keys instead of moving slowly one arrow moves the opposite end right at once instead of slowly.

I've never played that game, so I can't be sure.

maybe the game settings need to be adjusted... I remember in Warcraft II there was a way to adjust the mouse and keyboard sensitivity, so that the screen wouldn't scroll way too quickly to one side.

Perhaps one of your computers is a lot faster than the other? There could be lots of reasons.

have you tried going into the options menu?

Edited by LostInSpace2012

Hmmm... let me guess Windows ME was the other one? Be aware of terminology -

Windows 9x means Windows 95 (any version)/98/98SE, not to be confused with the entirely different Windows ME which is NOT necessarily a Windows 9x. Windows ME is a "cross-breed" precursor to Windows XP. IOW, Most Win9x Drivers work on WinME and some (only some) do NOT and require SPECIFIC WinME Drives (found that out the hard way some time ago with an nVidia AGP card).

Just to clarify for anyone else. ;)

Hmmm... let me guess Windows ME was the other one? Be aware of terminology -

Windows 9x means Windows 95 (any version)/98/98SE, not to be confused with the entirely different Windows ME which is NOT necessarily a Windows 9x. Windows ME is a "cross-breed" precursor to Windows XP. IOW, Most Win9x Drivers work on WinME and some (only some) do NOT and require SPECIFIC WinME Drives (found that out the hard way some time ago with an nVidia AGP card).

Just to clarify for anyone else. ;)

Yes was using winme before and switched to 98se... I forgot I used 9x in the title thread. I wonder if the APCI problem I had something to do with it..... THe computer seems faster with APCI disabled