Massive Event ID performance errors & Boot loop

guano26

Hi,

I am new to this forum and am hoping for some help with a problem on my laptop. I recently posted this problem on the “Trace” forum, but there, Andre (WOOT! What a great resource he is) tells me that the ‘trace function” can’t help me.

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong spot to post such a question.

I am having some terrible problems with coming out of shurdown/hibernate/standby. When I try to do so, the laptop gets stuck in a boot loop. It then take a few minutes in that loop before the laptop finally boots normally--sometime. Othertimes I have to unplug the computer, remove the battery, wait 20 minutes and the hold down the power button. Sometimes that shortens the boot-loop period to only a minute or two. Windows 7 "Performance event" Event Log states that I have numerous Event 200, 201, 203, 300, 301, 302, 351 warning and errors, a few of them which are "critical."

All of this started some time last November. Not sure what changed, but I have searched and searched and searched for answers, but no luck. I am at the limit of my own technical knowledge (which, admittedly, is being quickly outpaced by technology).

Here is roughly what I have tried:

**I have disabled standby.

**I have updated my BIOS.

**I think I have problems with the display adapters (ATI Radeon HD 3200), which required that I install the CCC drivers and programs. This may be a source of the problem? I recently uninstalled the CCC program and am not using it.

**I have no malware that I know of. I used Symantec Endpoint Protection (Andre just recommended that I uninstall it, so I did) and run scans at least weekly. I also enable (and disable when done) the PC Tool "Spyware Doctor" and Spybot S&D to run those weekly also. I think I am clean.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Two quick things:

**I cannot upload the Zip files, since they are too large, but I can upload files thorugh Dropbox. I have a short video (dig camera) of the boot-loop if desired.

**Is there other information about my system that might be needed?

Again, sorry if I am posting in the wrong area.

Thank you.

Pic of Performace Errors.doc

Update:

Andre, you are too kind....

Well, the laptop won't come out of the boot-loop anymore. It is stuck looping. That is a worse situation than before, where at least then the laptop started after a minute or two or three or four.

What I am trying to determine is:

1) What the problem might be (power-supply? motherboard? something else?);

2) Should I forget this laptop and work to find a new one (it is a Gateway MD2400 from 2009)?

Also, because I heard partial beeps near where the hard drive was located, earlier today I unscrewed the cover and pulled it out. I then started the computer without the drive. The booting sequence never got to the point where the hard drive might engage--it just kept looping.

I have a short video (digital camera) of the boot-loop in my Dropbox if anyone might be able to offer some assistance.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

Yes, Andre, it appears as though you are correct (again... :yes: ). Your comment that it must be hardware related pushed me to further investigate power supply issues and boot-loops. What I am experiencing was detailed exactly on other websites.

I tested the power adapter--no problems. Then I tested the power supply--problems! With the laptop plugged in, I pulled out the battery and tested the battery connections on the laptop itself--no power. Looks like I got bigger problems than what I thought initiated with drivers.

This topic can be closed.

Thanks again Andre. You are great! I really do appreciate your help.

With the laptop plugged in, I pulled out the battery and tested the battery connections on the laptop itself--no power. Looks like I got bigger problems than what I thought initiated with drivers.

you can try to open it and see if the connector, where the power supply is inserted, has issue (bounce or it is crooked).