Confirmation please.....

Daytrader

Hi Guys, right, i have a retail copy of xp pro including sp2(589MB size on disc), when i chouse to slipstream sp3 pack exe(316MB size on disc) to the disc, it only seems to change the new iso to like 650MB size on disc, should it not be like 589MB + 316MB = 915MB or similar ? or am i missing something here, surely the new iso of 650MB cant include all the 316MB of SP3 as well ? can someone check if this right for me.

Oh also, will adding sp3 to my original sp2 disc be ok, as i have read that some software dont like it this way, and best way is to slipstream just a xp install disc without any service packs on and just adding sp3 ?

Edited by Daytrader

Lots of files are replaced by new versions, hence this is not just adding 316 Megabytes. Also the pack includes the installer and verification tools as it is meant to run on any XP system slipstreaming a cd as well as updating any running system).

Upgrading your SP2 disc to SP3 level is OK as long as you do this running Windows XP (Vista and 7 create problems with product keys not recognized).

Oh also, will adding sp3 to my original sp2 disc be ok, as i have read that some software dont like it this way, and best way is to slipstream just a xp install disc without any service packs on and just adding sp3 ?

I certainly have heard/read nothing of the kind. You are more than safe to continue.

Cheers