Aero Glass Tweaker GUI for Win8 v1.3.2

ORelio

Don't you think that it is not right to make utilites wich try to make beta(rc) version of program to working just as complite tool without permission of autor? I think it bad... Don't play with fire just wait...

Don't you think that it is not right to make utilites wich try to make beta(rc) version of program to working just as complite tool without permission of autor? I think it bad... Don't play with fire just wait...

I don't mean to disrespect the author.

I'm merely creating the tool to improve my coding skills and to also benefit those who would want a work around to the popups at inconvenient times.

If I wanted, I could always manually disable it.

But people always forget that the core purpose that programs were created in the first place was to automate labourious processes.

If you don't want to use it, I am absolutely fine with it. It's really your choice. If you think that popups help you remind yourself that you are still using a beta product then go ahead.

He can do whatever he wants not to mention this doesn't even disable it. It just adds whitelist for games.

I have no problem with it. If he does not infringe on my binaries (or its memory space), everything is ok. But on the other side, I guess that disabling/enabling is done via restarting DWM process which can force system to log out randomly, so if anyone wants to make his system unstable, he can use it freely.

Yes, If DWM gets killed too often (for example by clicking Apply in AGTweaker more than 3 times per minute) you will be disconnected from your windows account and will have to log in again.

I'm also fine with ByteHacker's modifications to AGTweaker, I purposely provided the source code so that anyone can play with -- As long as it respects the CDDL license (credits, open source if modded version is published).

I think this is a good idea, this doesn't remove the notice at all unless you disable aero glass as well and has been the advice to all those that don't want the message to pop up, if they don't want the message then don't test the program, in this case, playing battlefield, then when you end the game you continue testing, this seems to be a great workaround and may stop allot of those people that complain about the message, I do agree with ORelio though, you should make this a separate app so it does not interfere with any future updates to AGTweaker.

Not sure how your program works though but a simple way to disable and then enable it again would be to move the DWMglass.dll to the temp directory then restart DWM, then after you game has closed move it back to the DWM folder and restart DWM again.

@ECHO OFF
REM Stop Aero Glass
SET PATH1=%SystemDrive%\DWM
SET FILE1=DWMGlass.dll
Move %PATH1%\%FILE1% %temp%\%FILE1%
taskkill /f /IM dwm.exe

@ECHO OFF
REM Start Aero Glass
SET PATH1=%SystemDrive%\DWM
SET FILE1=DWMGlass.dll
Move %temp%\%FILE1% %PATH1%\%FILE1%
taskkill /f /IM dwm.exe

Edited by MrGRiM

I decided to make a context menu shortcut to disable and enable Aero Glass, only problem is that you needed elevated privileges to run the batch files so it wouldn't work, I then found a way to use autoit instead and those can be run as admin, all it does is move the DWMglass.dll to a temp directory inside the DWM folder and restarts dwm.exe to disable glass and to enable it again it moves it back to the DWM folder, deletes the temp folder and restarts dmw.exe again.

The EnableGlass.exe and DisableGlass.exe files need to go in the DWM folder.

Download here http://www.mediafire.com/?8ra7j6zvuglcbxs

If you want to know what is in the autoit exe here it is:

FileMove ( "C:\DWM\DWMGlass.dll", "C:\DWM\temp\DWMGlass.dll" , 8 )
Run('TASKKILL /F /PID ' & ProcessExists('dwm.exe'))

FileMove ( "C:\DWM\temp\DWMGlass.dll", "C:\DWM\DWMGlass.dll" )
DirRemove ( "C:\DWM\temp" )
Run('TASKKILL /F /PID ' & ProcessExists('dwm.exe'))

and the registry file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\shell\Start Aero Glass]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\shell\Start Aero Glass\command]
@="C:\\DWM\\EnableGlass.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\shell\Stop Aero Glass]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\shell\Stop Aero Glass\command]
@="C:\\DWM\\DisableGlass.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
"C:\\DWM\\EnableGlass.exe"="~ RUNASADMIN"
"C:\\DWM\\DisableGlass.exe"="~ RUNASADMIN"

Was looking for a easier way to toggle DWM Aero On and Off quickly so I wrote this little batch file, just run it from your desktop when you need a quick way to disable aero (like playing games, and for all the whinners with the popups etc.) and when done you can just rerun to turn aero back on again, It Works off *DWM directory in C drive but you can always revise the path as needed..

Enjoy DP yes.gifToggle Aero

*Requires DimasKid's Aero Glass installer @ http://j.gs/706437/aeroglasswin8

Edited by DosProbie

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok thanks

but after using this version blur appears but no transparency

i update my windows also no transparency

How can you see blur without transparency? you can only see blur if there is transparency.