Aero Glass Tweaker GUI for Win8 v1.3.2

ORelio

Modified the source code for personal use, replaced 'Narrow window frames' with 'Border Padding Size', added 'Restart Windows Explorer', useful if Aero Glass is not applied on Start Menu and Taskbar when using StartIsBack. Updated the GUI to support DWMGlass v0.92 RC1. Ahh, and the colors menu is separated from the 'Apply' button, I did it because the color intensity is changed when settings are applied in AGTweaker and you always have to play with the slider of Color intensity in Windows Personalize menu to fix it, just move the slider a bit and color intensity is back to normal, without applying the changes, strange.

And DWMGlass will be installed in %SystemDrive%\DWM and not in Windows directory.

Removed some settings:

Direct2D Settings (Latest DWMGlass runs in Direct3D)

Native blur rendering (No such setting in the latest version of DWMGlass)

Opacity (GlassTransparency registry setting has been removed in the latest version of DWMGlass, now opacity is controlled by Color intensity in Personalize menu of Windows)

agtweakermodified.jpg

Can you send me your modification of AGTweaker?

I want to use it :rolleyes:

Modified the source code for personal use....

agtweakermodified.jpg

I'm not sure that the "generate inactive colour" setting is needed (or works) anymore. Inactive, transparent window borders should "tinted" with the active window glow colour rather than having an independant colour (which I believe only worked anyway when transparency was disabled)

Apart from that, I like the additions/changes you've made - it make AGT more of an all-in-one "appearence tweaker". Hopefully, Orelio and yourself can expand on that - a font changer would be useful, for example (it can be done as there stand-alone apps to do it). In essence, you could end-up with a replacement for the old-style personalisation settings tool that was removed with W8.

I'm not sure that the "generate inactive colour" setting is needed (or works) anymore. Inactive, transparent window borders should "tinted" with the active window glow colour rather than having an independant colour (which I believe only worked anyway when transparency was disabled)

Apart from that, I like the additions/changes you've made - it make AGT more of an all-in-one "appearence tweaker". Hopefully, Orelio and yourself can expand on that - a font changer would be useful, for example (it can be done as there stand-alone apps to do it). In essence, you could end-up with a replacement for the old-style personalisation settings tool that was removed with W8.

As I said, I changed it for personal use, I'm not a programmer, just changed and added a few lines... and yeah, the option to change window colors is useless... I will remove it. It's not hard to make a font changer but I already found one...

Edited by Tusticles

I may merge your modifications to the main project if you PM them to me. Nice work :)

You did it buddy, I have no idea about programming, especially c#, I played a bit in visual basic and created some apps, launchers for games and other stuff... I modified your project by searching code examples for what I needed :P, it wasn't a copy - paste work, neither something special...

Edited by Tusticles

It doesn't detract from ORelio's work to say that you've come up with some good ideas there. Besides, ORelio's been very open to feedback and suggestions since starting this and we've all benefited from that.

Even the big, commercial software producers have people who aren't necessarily programmers but are imaginative and very good at saying "wouldn't it be great if..." - then leaving the poor old programmers to work out how to make it happen.

I am having incredible difficulty getting this to work. Here are the steps I have followed:

1. Download AGTweaker v1.3.2
  2. Download Glass v0.9
  3. Move DWMGlass.dll to AGTweaker folder, rename to DWMGlass64.dll
  4. Run AGTweaker as admin, enable Glass and apply.

I've also tried running the LoadGlass__AppInit_DLLs registry file after editing the path inside before trying the above steps. I've run through every Device Feature Level. I've tried Glass 0.8 to Glass 0.92.

The result is always the same, my screen flashes after hitting apply, but nothing changes. Help? :(!

Edited by Spectrus

I am having incredible difficulty getting this to work. Here are the steps I have followed:

1. Download AGTweaker v1.3.2
  2. Download Glass v0.9
  3. Move DWMGlass.dll to AGTweaker folder, rename to DWMGlass64.dll
  4. Run AGTweaker as admin, enable Glass and apply.

I've also tried running the LoadGlass__AppInit_DLLs registry file after editing the path inside before trying the above steps. I've run through every Device Feature Level. I've tried Glass 0.8 to Glass 0.92.

The result is always the same, my screen flashes after hitting apply, but nothing changes. Help? :(!

You did 2 doings to load dll - it's not good. Via AGT and via reg file...

Is your UEFI "Secure Boot" setting enabled in BIOS settings ? If so, you'll have to disable it as AppInit_DLL is disabled when secure boot is enabled.

Is your UEFI "Secure Boot" setting enabled in BIOS settings ? If so, you'll have to disable it as AppInit_DLL is disabled when secure boot is enabled.

I can't believe I missed that when reading through bigmuscle's post. Thank you for your help, and the tool. It's wonderful.

I will try to fix this later and get rid of AppInit_DLLs thing completely. My plan is (together with making it win8.1 completely) to remove Direct3D hooking completely and call my code directly from DWM. This brings some problems (e.g. I will need to build vertex buffer from geometry data on my own or correctly apply clip regions etc.) so it will take some time and it is not the highest priority now.

Aero Glass Tweaker GUI 1.3.2 With Activation manager

I really love how bigmuscle's Aero Glass for windows 8 makes my desktop beautiful.

I personally dont mind the popups that come every half hour or so.

But I really do mind when they start popping up at the most inconvenient moments like gaming

No one likes to have a popup block your sights when you are sniping in Battlefield 3.

I figured that I could just manually disable it every time I wanted to game , but this proved to be very annoying

Thats when I decided to make a manager to automatically disable and enable it during and after I game.

Note that this is a very very early alpha build, so there are many many bugs and is not suitable anything for more than testing

Completed:

-Add and remove user defined processes (eg. Battlefield 3 - bf3.exe)

-Enable/disable processes on start and exit

Work in progress:

-Save and load the list of processes

-Fixing the running in background notifications and functions

Upcoming features:

-Clear process labeling

-Better running in background optimizations

-Better source labeling and management for easier modification

-You name it!

Download link!: Click to download!

39156061.png

Edited by ByteHacker

Nice work. Note that you could have done a separate app that would call AGTweaker.exe with -enable or -disable argument.

This way if I provide an update to AGTweaker your tool will still work :)