Aero Glass Tweaker GUI for Win8 v1.3.2

ORelio

Thanks for the suggestion ... went through all of them. Still nothing : (

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried everything and it does not work. On my laptop with an Intel onboard graphich chip it works. On my desktop PC with an ATI (7750) it does not, tried also different drivers. Which graphic card do you have?

AMD Radeon HD 7570

I don't know what I've done (except a BIOS Update) but it is in principle working now.

Nevertheless, I get two errors (screenshot) on log on and opening a windows explorer window every time. Furthermore, moving a windows over transparent elements I get artefacts.

post-182467-0-68698500-1367400804_thumb.

(except a BIOS Update)

UEFI "Secure Boot" feature from BIOS is preventing Aero Glass DLL from initializing properly. You may have disabled Secure Boot, which has solved your issue :)

Please report the notifications popups to Bigmuscle, and provide your version number of the specified files :)

(except a BIOS Update)

UEFI "Secure Boot" feature from BIOS is preventing Aero Glass DLL from initializing properly. You may have disabled Secure Boot, which has solved your issue :)

Please report the notifications popups to Bigmuscle, and provide your version number of the specified files :)

Yes, it was enabled before, you're right.

And yes, I used version 0.85 beta by mistake. Will try 0.8...

...and yes, the errors are gone. But the artefacts are still there. Unfortunately, I can't screenshot them as they go away during making the screenshot.

Edited by Sputnik24

But the artefacts are still there. Unfortunately, I can't screenshot them as they go away during making the screenshot.
Turn off "use native blur rendering" option, it's not meant to be used.

I'm using AGTweaker 1.3.1. I'm on Windows 8 x64. I have full ownership of my system32 and syswow64 folders. I am logged in as an admin. But AGTweaker does not want to install. :no:

I am seeking advice as how to fix this issue, as it's driving me up a telephone pole, like that State farm commercial. Please, anyone, tell me what I did wrong. The zip file is sitting in my downloads folder, waiting for some action.

I await any reply. :}

You need to download DWMGlass from BigMuscle's topic and place the DLL file with the name DWMGlass32.dll or DWMGlass64.dll (depending on your system) in the same folder as AGTweaker.exe

Then you will be able to run the tool.

EDIT : Just saw that a Beta 3 is out, I'll test it and update AGTweaker if needed ;)

Edited by ORelio

I have this program currently on my computer. It fails to make up its mind where it wants to install. When I put it in the 'syswow' folder I get the message "try the sys32 folder" and vice-versa. I am completely torn up about it. I have a picture of the message I got when I tried to install it via the SETUP.bat file, and I will try to embed it.

dialogissue.png

if it doesn't show then oh well. My primary issue is that I have the most updated version of AeroGlassTweaker installed. I have dwmglass 0.8 beta 2 at my disposal, as well. Any ideas on what I did wrong? I attempted to install to syswow64 and system32. Both failed miserably, despite taking ownership. Please, anyone, I would like a solution soon. :}

1:28 pm-I figured it out. Thank you, ORelio, for pointing a quick solution to the right spot. I'm gonna enjoy showing this off...he-he-he.

Edited by sonikdart1990

Glad to see that your issue is solved. Yes, bigmuscle asked that I don't package his files with AGTweaker so you have to download the DLL by yourself and place it in the same folder.

A message box should inform you when you don't have the DLL file :

MlCRWvn.png

Glad to see that your issue is solved. Yes, bigmuscle asked that I don't package his files with AGTweaker so you have to download the DLL by yourself and place it in the same folder.

A message box should inform you when you don't have the DLL file :

MlCRWvn.png

i have the same problem. the latest bigmuscle archive for x64 system contains only DWMGlass.dll? (previous ones contain both DWMGlass64.dll AND DWMGlass.dll.

I was tempted to rename the file and edit the registry...but I got cold feet..

Edited by kientrongtran

Dowload the 64 bit version and rename it to DWMGlass64.dll, then place it in the same folder as AGTweaker.exe

Or download the 32 bit version and rename it to DWMGlass32.dll ;)

It's not intended for everyday use, so there is no way to disable them. Wait for the final version to be released. Which theme is this by the way? Looks pretty nice and the white captions are more readable than the default black ones...