Aero Glass Tweaker GUI for Win8 v1.3.2

ORelio

It renders differently than on my computer, that's a bit strange :huh:

But you can still see which version is installed so it is not a huge problem, no?

no - no big problem - just a comment - its probably me when i think about it - i increase the font size in the right click menu on the desktop - cannot remember how i did it - a registry setting i would guess - if its using that font then that would explain it

A nag screen on some demo-ware is not really cool, especially if you don't give people a chance to buy the app or do something to stop the nagging.

The nagging will stop when the app is ready to be officially released. Until then, as you say, you can consider this "demo-ware" that is not meant to be left running. Consider yourself lucky that bigmuscle was kind enough to give you a peek at the possibilities.

Remember, when bigmuscle first proposed this project, he fully warned everyone that this was a work in process that was not ready for prime time. But everyone has acted like this is a ready-to-go commercial project and they are finding bugs and they are demanding they be fixed - as if it's his fault it doesn't work correctly on their system. If you are not prepared to try the software for a couple of hours and give bigmuscle constructive feedback, then don't install it. Just wait until he officially releases it. At that point, and not until then, all the complaints of the inconveniences of popups and no installer will be legitimate ones.

Cheers and Regards

Stop this white knighting jeez. It's really cringeworthy and not needed in every single thread. And noone wants to wait year for "official" release date that will be plagued with bugs anyway, because it seems like BM rewrites it from scratch every single release or something.

And what feedback lol? There is nothing broken at all. Maybe some specific outdated apps noone cares about. Performance is greatly improved from 0.1/0.2 which ate your VRAM for breakfast.

Tbh everyone who really hates the popup didn't go as far, because it's quite easy to get rid of unless you're PC Illiterate. I spend few hours messing with everything I knew and it was worth it to learn something new.

Edited by Blackbird256

Wondering how to get rid of the extra bar thing on left side not sure what I did wrong.
You are using theme resource which is not compatible with your "msstyles" theme.

Exactly, two files are provided with AGTweaker 1.3, one for windows 8 default theme, and another one for windows 8 release preview theme :)

Edited by ORelio

Let user to browse for DWMGlass.dll and add the path + file name in a hidden textbox and "AppInit_DLLs" will use the path from that textbox. Same for resource files....

Problem with this is that you can't have paths with spaces in them.

The above .net error is triggered by setting the custom resource option, then changing native blur setting. I had to untick the custom resource then tick it again for it to go away.

Though it's weird cause it doesn't happen all the time.

Thanks, the uncheck trick did it ..I have my Own custom png in msstyles for my rounded theme, so probably just redundtant rolleyes.gif

The above .net error is triggered by setting the custom resource option, then changing native blur setting. I had to untick the custom resource then tick it again for it to go away.

Though it's weird cause it doesn't happen all the time.

Edited by DosProbie