Aero Glass Tweaker GUI for Win8 v1.3.2

ORelio

Ive been using this tool for some time now, but there is something that drives me nuts. Those annoying popups interrupt even my games. Demo, beta, whatever.. This is just lame.

6093334B.jpg

Edited by vladibeer

Again, if you want to use AeroGlass for the purpose different from testing then you should not use it now and wait for final version. Yeah, you can also patch SetTimer as Blackbird256 suggest but 1) it will break other things too and 2) if you are able to do it, then you should probably patch directly DWM and write glass yourself. It will be match better than cracking some software. :whistle:

You want testers? Ok, I tested it for a few days and here is the result

pros: stable, working aero glass

cons: interrupts my games, movies, YT videos, skype calls

result: I am not using it anymore

I am not a cracker, I buy my software!

Yeah, you can also patch SetTimer as Blackbird256 suggest but 1) it will break other things too and 2) if you are able to do it, then you should probably patch directly DWM and write glass yourself. It will be match better than cracking some software. :whistle:

I bet it could mess with the routine that applies the alpha-254 layered trick on all opened windows to force redrawing what's behind them as it's also based on the use of a timer :rolleyes:

Edited by ORelio

it's better in terms of resource usage (3x faster to draw) AND in terms of elegant programming ^^

For some reason, the glass is very blurred or 100% transparent - I do not know how to set it somewhat in the middle to reproduce the Windows 7 glass effect - I'll get back to 1.2.1. :ph34r:

Edited by Dahaka

You can also use the DLL files packaged with 1.2.1 with AGTweaker 1.2.2.

The strange behaviour of blur/opacity is due to direct3D rendering from DWMGlass.dll.

You can enable direct2D only with DWMGlass v0.7 max, this is no longer supported as of v0.8.

Edited by ORelio

You can also use the DLL files pachaged with 1.2.1 with AGTweaker 1.2.2.

The strange behaviour of blur/opacity is due to direct3D rendering from DWMGlass.dll.

You can enable direct2D only with DWMGlass v0.7 max, this is no longer supported as of v0.8.

Ok, thank you! I'll stick with 1.2.1 - because I tried using the 0.7 dlls with 1.2.2 - and there is still the glass without blur. Many thanks for your great work.

Microsoft should hire you! :D

Transparent windows with v0.7 + AGT 1.2.2 is abnormal.

Did you check that the statusbar of AGT 1.2.2 is displaying "v0.7 BETA 1" ? if not:

Use the button in bottom right corner to delete the installed DLL.

It will probably disable glass and say that's still in use, so restart your compurter (with glass disabled), re-launch AGTweaker and press this button again.

It should then display "Successfully deleted" and you'll be able to install the new version properly :)

Transparent windows with v0.7 + AGT 1.2.2 is abnormal.

Did you check that the statusbar of AGT 1.2.2 is displaying "v0.7 BETA 1" ? if not:

OK, 1.2.2 is working now with the 07 beta 1 dll - with transparecy + blur effect.

On the 0.8 beta 2 I can only get complete glass without blur, or complete blur without glass.

Edited by Dahaka

Find a bug in new 1.2.2 version in option "Use native blur..." - the option in AGT changes in registry key "UseNativeBlur " with space in the end, must be "UseNativeBlur" without space in the end.

Edited by CKyHC

The tweak tool works great on my computer thank you for that.

I have only one small problem, can you add multiple monitors support for the blur. I have only blur on my main monitor.

post-377257-0-88158100-1366829205_thumb.

Edited by Meerminman