** [ SOLVED ] How to Skip the "Select the OS" Screen in Unatte

I have a single OS Image of Windows 8 Pro with Media Center with a Autounattend.xml answer file that I have got down to 2 install screens before going to the desktop, The "Select your operating System" for Windows 8 Pro with Media Center X64 and then the Partition Screen. Since I only have a single OS image I would like to skip over the Select your OS and go straight to the Partition Screen. My question is where in Settings Pass would I add the skipping over the Select OS? Everything else is working perfect with the Windows Install key installing and Preactivated with my free WMC key . I am not using the ei.cfg nor the pid.tx or setupcomplete. If someone has done this successfully then I would really appreciate the help.. See my attached xml file.

Thanks Again :yes:

Edited by DosProbie

If it is prompting you to select an image, it probably doesn't like your product key. It should be enough, but you may want to add the ImageInstall object:

<ImageInstall>
<OSImage>
<InstallFrom>
<MetaData wcm:action="add">
<Key>/IMAGE/NAME</Key>
<Value>Windows 7 ULTIMATE</Value>
</MetaData>
</InstallFrom>
</OSImage>
</ImageInstall>

And specify the image name as it appears in your WIM.

If it is prompting you to select an image, it probably doesn't like your product key. It should be enough, but you may want to add the ImageInstall object:

<ImageInstall>
<OSImage>
<InstallFrom>
<MetaData wcm:action="add">
<Key>/IMAGE/NAME</Key>
<Value>Windows 7 ULTIMATE</Value>
</MetaData>
</InstallFrom>
</OSImage>
</ImageInstall>

And specify the image name as it appears in your WIM.

Thanks for the tip on adding <ImageInstall> to my answer file, Would I add this in the settings pass="windowsPE" section??

Thanks for the tip on adding <ImageInstall> to my answer file, Would I add this in the settings pass="windowsPE" section??

yes <settings pass="windowsPE">

Thanks MaXx , Got this all figured out late last nite (See Snippet below - now Win8 just goes to the partition screen , runs all my sfx apps etc and goes straight to desktop)

Now I can go finish my Office silent Installer with pre-activation ... Life is good ö¿ö