Windows Setup Time app crash

asdfg

Hi,i have (another) problem with my Windows 98 os. When it goes to setup my time and date,it crashes when i click apply or close. Then when i tried to change the month, it crashed again. Even when it crashes, i noticed the system continued to work. Just no the date and time box

My pc:

HP Compaq dc7800

intel vpro

samsung 160gb sata hdd

1Gb ram

Windows 98

Help would be appreciated

You're trying to an install an operating system which is ten years older than what your computer is designed for. Thats you problem.

I googled "HP Compaq dc7800 " and downloaded the specs which are in PDF format.

The first line at the top of the page says, "HP Recommends Windows Vista Business."

In other words, you're never going to get that thing to work properly.

If you want to run Windows 98, find a computer that is in the range of Pentium II or Pentium III, probably no more than 1 GHz processor and less than 512 MB Ram.

You're trying to an install an operating system which is ten years older than what your computer is designed for. Thats you problem.

I googled "HP Compaq dc7800 " and downloaded the specs which are in PDF format.

The first line at the top of the page says, "HP Recommends Windows Vista Business."

In other words, you're never going to get that thing to work properly.

If you want to run Windows 98, find a computer that is in the range of Pentium II or Pentium III, probably no more than 1 GHz processor and less than 512 MB Ram.

Rubbish. :whistle:

You probably are not aware because you are new here but you are posting on the very forum where nearly all the Win9x "limits" have been demolished already.

Browse through the Win9x Forum pages and Windows 9x Member Projects and read the sticky threads also.

P.S. Even with no modifications Win9x runs fine well into the 3+GHz range on Pentium 4 single core socket 478 Prescotts and some even have it working on multi-cores although only one is usable. It's more about finding motherboards that have chipset drivers supporting Win9x than CPU model or frequency.

Everything works now great except when i shutdown it says power meter crashes and when i open firefox (with the kernalex project i saw on msfn) it says " The MSVCR100.DLL file is linked to missing export Kernal32.dll:InterlockedPopEntrySList"

Edited by asdfg

> The MSVCR100.DLL file is linked to missing export Kernal32.dll:InterlockedPopEntrySList

On my system, this api is provided via Kexstubs. Before Kexstubs, it was sometimes possible to just use KnownDLLs to forward MSVCR100 to MSVCR90 (try searching the forums for MSVCR100.dll).