Windows 98 hangs

asdfg

hi, can somebody please help me fix my problem?it would be appreciated.you see, a few days ago i clean installed Windows 98 on my pc. When i first boot it, it showed the boot screen, then i got a black screen with just a blinking text line at the top left. when i rebooted,it showed the advanced options, so i entered normal. it showed me the advanced options screen unresponsive, with the text line at the top left blinking again.Safe mode worked,but i needed to setup the drivers

My pc is :

Windows 98

HP Compaq dc7800

1gb ram

samsung hdd sata 160gb model hd161hj

intel vpro cpu

using the same on-board video slot

sorry if this was to much to read. Help would be appreciated.

hi, can somebody please help me fix my problem?it would be appreciated.you see, a few days ago i clean installed Windows 98 on my pc. When i first boot it, it showed the boot screen, then i got a black screen with just a blinking text line at the top left. when i rebooted,it showed the advanced options, so i entered normal. it showed me the advanced options screen unresponsive, with the text line at the top left blinking again.Safe mode worked,but i needed to setup the drivers

My pc is :

Windows 98

HP Compaq dc7800

1gb ram

samsung hdd sata 160gb model hd161hj

intel vpro cpu

using the same on-board video slot

sorry if this was to much to read. Help would be appreciated.

You have a SATA Drive. This can cause this problem if you do not have my SATA Patch.

To find out, go to Safe Mode and Disable, NOT Remove, everything under "Hard Disk Controllers" using Device Manager.

Then try Normal Mode again.

In addition your Hard Drive is bigger than 137GB. If you are using anything in the upper 23GB, you will need another Patch. Otherwise you could crash and/or corrupt your Hard Drive.

Edited by rloew