User List Enabler for Windows 8

hb860

Hmm, this is my first try at MSFN, so do not kill me :)

9uIILKC.png

If you have multiple user accounts in Windows 8 (e.g. one for yourself and another for your family member), you may notice a new annoyance in Windows 8 – it signs in the last user automatically who shut down/rebooted the PC. This tool resolves the issue and brings back the users list for you with one click. You will be able to choose your user account at every startup. As the result of hard research, this tool is completely different from other existing methods, including all methods I have described in Winaero's blog.

This is unique and safest tool, because:

• it does not changes access rights on any registry key
  • it does not break "Run as different user..." Explorer command, it does not break anything.
  • it uses only built-in Windows features and tools

Under the hood of User List Enabler for Windows 8 is nothing more than just Group Policy's "Logoff script". It does all dirty job for you.

See how it works:

User List Enabler for Windows 8 is free, portable tool compatible with Windows 8 x86 and x64. It will request UAC/Administrator's right when they will be required. Use "Reset to defaults" button to rollback changes.

Home page for interested persons.

There is a nice section for Member-contributed projects: http://www.msfn.org/...buted-projects/ so given the number of awesome free tools you have, it will be nice if the MSFN mods put them all in one subforum under member-contributed projects by the name of "Winaero tools' or 'hb360's tools'. Just my two cents. :thumbup

Edited by xpclient

• 4 weeks later...