(Solved) DXUPAC issues (.NET framework and CCleaner)

Dogway

Well, I only run .NET Framework 2.0 "standalone"and I can tell you all the updates that it needs. I don't know if the 2.0 included in 3.5 would be the same.

NDP20SP2-KB958481-X86.exe

NDP20SP2-KB976576-X86.exe

NDP20SP2-KB2604092-x86.exe

NDP20SP2-KB2656352-x86.exe

NDP20SP2-KB2729450-x86.exe

NDP20SP2-KB2742596-x86.exe

Jeez, dude, do a little of your own legwork!

This MIGHT help (example - lots of hits) Google -

"net framework 2.0 service pack 2" "support.microsoft.com/kb"

And honestly the Main Package is what takes forever to install. Do that and then check Windows Update (Custom) to get the KB articles (without downloading), go to Main MS KB article (googler the KB article), go to the download page and manually get them for "mass install". The Updates are TEENY-WEENY and take no time at all to install (unlike the Main Package).

Seriously, how do you think WE build our lists? Magic? That is EXACTLY how -X- did it, and I haven't update mine FOREVER and ONLY have v1.1 and v2.0.

P.S. How many ESN users do you think are on an ENU forum?

Ugly full-blown lists that don't even specify which SP -

http://kbupdate.info/net-framework-2-0.php

http://kbupdate.info/net-framework-3-5.php

http://kbupdate.info/net-framework-1-1-info.php

We're more than glad to help BUT "give on a Silver Platter"? Come on!

Edited by submix8c

Thanks -X-, per your list I should add:

+KB976576-X86

+KB2729450-x86

+KB2742596-x86

and remove:

-KB979909-x86

-KB2656369-v2-x86

But I shouldn't be confident since my 2.0 is from the 3.5 SP1 Pack.

@submix8c: why you start now treating me all disrespectful? If all you are asking me is to start a list like -X- does you are the wrong way here, because that's exactly what I came here to ask (where I can find one). Now you should be suprised why there are not many updated hotfix lists about anything anywhere, because it's a pain in the a**.

P.S. How many international forums do you know not running in English?

I'm more than glad to be helped whether it's a yes or no, but being bashed for asking! Come on!

@submix8c: why you start now treating me all disrespectful? If all you are asking me is to start a list like -X- does you are the wrong way here, because that's exactly what I came here to ask (where I can find one). Now you should be suprised why there are not many updated hotfix lists about anything anywhere, because it's a pain in the a**.
Short answer - there apparently isn't one (we've looked) or else it would have been readily provided. I COULD bother to install the Base Broducts and get the list, but why? And you're asking us to make one (install the unnecessary to get lists) for you. Indeed, it would supply a KBxxxxxx list if YOU did it (you ARE installing, BTW) for others too, wouldn't it? Come on! CONTRIBUTE!

Now, is it REALLY that disrespectful a suggestion? :whistle:

edit - my mistake v3.5SP1 is here (change language) -

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25150

And I won't swear to this but I believe it INCLUDES v2 and v3 (237mb).

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 service pack 1 is a cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes .NET Framework 2.0 service pack 2 and .NET Framework 3.0 service pack 2 cumulative updates.
(Jeez, downloading now just for you...) Edited by submix8c

And you're asking us to make one (install the unnecessary to get lists) for you.

I don't know where you take that from. You read too far, I never asked such thing. I only asked for LINKS to lists of said applications because I did my "legwork" of looking for them.

If you just want to put words on my mouth to add sarcastic suggestions, that's fine, on the other hand I contribute more than what you cared to know.

@Dogway: To me it's pretty obvious that neither submix8c meant to be offensive to you, nor you did mean to be offensive to him... yet it escalated out of nothing.

I do hope you both have no hard feelings about one another. That said, all main questions have been answered already, so I do agree it's time to stop an absurd conversation gone wrong.

• 1 month later...

I just found out that DXUPAC didn't add Spanish for CCleaner in purpose to promote ricktendo64's own addon, but by now it should updated so that's nice.

Then about .net framework I found some addons on wincert, but since I have to repack them (for spanish localization) and still won't cut installing time I better save myself the hassle.

Edited by Dogway

• 3 weeks later...

When I make the Server2003 addon for CCleaner 4, it seems to go smoothly, but when installing XP x64 I get all kinds of errors and OS won't install correctly. Am I missing something here? it takes me like 40 minutes every VM test I arrange.