Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

I found a way to make the bug less random. Try using a custom theme resource (like the "default" one that comes with AGTweaker). Then the bug will show up 100% of the time. Otherwise, you are correct in that it seems to be a bit random.

I also wanted to confirm that guy's report a few pages back about not getting DirectX 10 working on 0.8. When I downgraded to 0.7, DX10 started working perfectly. I tried it with and without AGTweaker as well -- for me, DX10 works only with 0.7. I have an Intel HD 3000.

Autodetect detects DX10 regardless of version, which means autodetect worked with 0.7 but not with 0.8. What do I mean by "not work" in 0.8? I mean there is no blur or coloration, just completely transparent glass.

Not sure what your problem is as you did not really explain it, if your referring to the non transparent top part of the jump list then I can say that I have not had this problem at all with aero glass from Big Muscle I have used D3D and D2D and both render fine with the themes that support it, just because it was ported directly from Windows 7 does not mean there might not be some problems, send me a link for the theme to test and I can tell you straight away if the problem is with the theme or not.

Yeah sorry about not specifying the black transparency. I think the issue lies with WSB however. When I try exporting the top image (JumpListUser) the image always comes out with full opacity, no matter how many times I try importing the 50% transparency image. I even tried using the image that's working on the bottom part but I get the same issue. Saving as a 32bit bmp and converting to png didn't work either. If you have a theme where the transparency works and you don't mind sharing I'd love to take a look, if not I'm ready to PM you my theme if your offer about taking a look still stands. Thanks!

Edited by dazl

Not sure what your problem is as you did not really explain it, if your referring to the non transparent top part of the jump list then I can say that I have not had this problem at all with aero glass from Big Muscle I have used D3D and D2D and both render fine with the themes that support it, just because it was ported directly from Windows 7 does not mean there might not be some problems, send me a link for the theme to test and I can tell you straight away if the problem is with the theme or not.

Yeah sorry about not specifying the black transparency. I think the issue lies with WSB however. When I try exporting the top image (JumpListUser) the image always comes out with full opacity, no matter how many times I try importing the 50% transparency image. I even tried using the image that's working on the bottom part but I get the same issue. Saving as a 32bit bmp and converting to png didn't work either. If you have a theme where the transparency works and you don't mind sharing I'd love to take a look, if not I'm ready to PM you my theme if your offer about taking a look still stands. Thanks!

OK no worries, well if you like you can check out a new theme I just posted with a transparent jump list http://mrgrim01.deviantart.com/art/Vista8Mix-369583696 download from mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/?u85k16nhg1heg46

Updated to fix missing taskbar image and text centered on title.

post-363598-0-70336900-1367667699_thumb.

Edited by MrGRiM

OK no worries, well if you like you can check out a new theme I just posted with a transparent jump list http://mrgrim01.deviantart.com/art/Vista8Mix-369583696 download from mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/?w3q9k7riis9vm9o

thats more than good - i have a problem with the taskbar - the graphic you have added does not go all the way across - its behind the SIB button and the right icons - centre is missing - guess its me but no idea what to look at

i see you have moved text to the left on the top bar - is it easy to put back to centre - a setting or a reg key - just personal preference

but if i can sort the taskbar thats me pretty happy

post-373433-0-27976600-1367674285_thumb.

AERO GLASS for Win8 BETA3

Ok, here it is.

What's new?

* completely removed layered windows hack

* fixed glass on the secondary taskbar

* many code fixes and refactoring

* almost all low-level stuff (see beta 2 changelog) should work regardless the used DLL versions and even on 32-bit

--> this probably still needs some coding

--> works until MS changes the internal DWM functions

--> if something is wrong, message about DLL incompatibility will pop up

* implemented that color swatches in control panel can be loaded from external DLL

--> registry script which changes default swatches to Win8 RP (more glass-friendly) is attached

--> backup the original registry key before importing !!!

--> you will probably need to change the owner and permission of the registry branch

--> DO NOT do it if you are not advanced user!!!

--> you will be unable to change frame color if you don't use AeroGlass utility after importing this registry key

* fixed glass on surface render targets

--> glass won't work if one side of your screen resolution is less than 200 pixels

https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=13124

OK no worries, well if you like you can check out a new theme I just posted with a transparent jump list http://mrgrim01.deviantart.com/art/Vista8Mix-369583696 download from mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/?w3q9k7riis9vm9o

thats more than good - i have a problem with the taskbar - the graphic you have added does not go all the way across - its behind the SIB button and the right icons - centre is missing - guess its me but no idea what to look at

i see you have moved text to the left on the top bar - is it easy to put back to centre - a setting or a reg key - just personal preference

but if i can sort the taskbar thats me pretty happy

Sorry mate, I fixed those problems, uploading again now.

still not working for me - not sure i am downloading newfile - all file sizes are the same

and my other question about moving text back to centre??

still not working for me - not sure i am downloading newfile - all file sizes are the same

Nope you were downloading the old one again most likely, new link is http://www.mediafire.com/?u85k16nhg1heg46

Sorry for highjacking your thread Big Muscle I will not post any more on this subject here.

Nice update though, giving it a test run on the VM now :)

Importing the swatches.reg from 0.9 gives me an "Cannot import swatches.reg: Not all data was successfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes, or you have insufficient privileges to perform this operation". I did give it admin privileges though, glass was not active when I attempted that.

AERO GLASS for Win8 BETA3

Ok, here it is.

What's new?

* completely removed layered windows hack

* fixed glass on the secondary taskbar

* many code fixes and refactoring

* almost all low-level stuff (see beta 2 changelog) should work regardless the used DLL versions and even on 32-bit

--> this probably still needs some coding

--> works until MS changes the internal DWM functions

--> if something is wrong, message about DLL incompatibility will pop up

* implemented that color swatches in control panel can be loaded from external DLL

--> registry script which changes default swatches to Win8 RP (more glass-friendly) is attached

--> backup the original registry key before importing !!!

--> you will probably need to change the owner and permission of the registry branch

--> DO NOT do it if you are not advanced user!!!

--> you will be unable to change frame color if you don't use AeroGlass utility after importing this registry key

* fixed glass on surface render targets

--> glass won't work if one side of your screen resolution is less than 200 pixels

https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=13124

Still have some glitches after moving window on the screen. Also it is necessary to disable taskbar transparency, otherway taskbar is fully transparent. BUT: when taskbar transparency is enabled there are no more glitches - they can be found only on the taskbar.

Edited by Rumcayz

Nope you were downloading the old one again most likely, new link is http://www.mediafire.com/?u85k16nhg1heg46

Sorry for highjacking your thread Big Muscle I will not post any more on this subject here.

Nice update though, giving it a test run on the VM now :)

sorted thanks - i was too quick - the taskbar mod makes it perfect for me - i can now do more with the windows aero - previously making that dark made the taskbar too dark but this cures that

Beta 3, win8 x86, still don't have blur, only transparency and colorization.

logs

65637744.jpg

UPD: Oh, changing color intensity seems to be working, nevermind then. I'll keep testing.

Edited by jb3555