Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Works on my Intel i7 desktop with Nvidia Gforce GTX 580 but doesn't work on my ATI/ AMD on Radeon HD 3200 graphics laptop , could it be the laptops direct X9 verses the desktops direct X11?

I just get the black screen on the laptop and I have to force a laptop to reboot.

You can try playing with DeviceFeatureLevel registry settings. It allows achieving glass effect also on non-supported drivers (and even when no graphics drivers are installed).

Can you tell me how to do this? I am having this same problem, and it is driving me crazy.

Desktop apps. There is a jailbreak for Windows RT, and a number of desktop apps for it.

All the subsequent off-topic posts about Win RT are now in their own thread, which must be used for that subject.

Further posts about the Win RT jailbreak in this thread will be simply deleted without notice. Thanks!

You can try playing with DeviceFeatureLevel registry settings. It allows achieving glass effect also on non-supported drivers (and even when no graphics drivers are installed).

Can you tell me how to do this? I am having this same problem, and it is driving me crazy.

Read the topic few pages back. I wrote it in the changelog of some previous release. However, I can't ensure that it will really work. For me, it just fixed crash when no graphics drivers were installed.

Hey BigMuscle, I switched up to my older lap running w8 64 with a Radeon hd 3200 , I noticed if I right-click and run as admin with your loader it goes to the black screen and I am then forced

to reboot, But If I just double click the file it does not go to the black screen and makes the aero glass changes.. btw any eta for your next update.. thanks B)

Edited by DosProbie

a 32 bit version please?

This question has been answered ad nauseam. It won't hurt you to read. Pestering the developer with this question won't make it happen any faster. If you want to see a 32-bit pre-release version so badly, you can pitch in and help make it happen.

Thanks for the help.

i myself spend 2 years on past for programing the code of explorerframe.dll [to win 7 and to 8 too] so to change all thousand codes parameters and also add new ones that not excist so the system to respond in the way of osx do in the form of appearance and selecting the folders, as i also transport via changing of code to shell32.dll the preview pane to top, so anyone needs to have a direct preview a photo or a text did not have to use notepad, or windows photo viewer, and also including inside the preview pane at top also the command bar/folder band so to use it if he does not like ribbon, just pressing ALT + P to the keyboard (or the virtual keyboard) for the appearing/dissapearing of preview pane, so i know very well how difficult is programming, and i respect all the efforts of bigmuscle and of anyone participating and help to this project of recovering transparency's conditions .

so i have just released my transparent borders version of a theme for , i give a link for the 64bit users for enabling the transparency with bigmuscle's work, and for the 32 bit as for now i give some more simplified utility versions of transparency.

My theme is a work for windows 8 rtm using, mainly made with hex editing + resource hacker.

anyone has 64 bit can test my work using with bigmuscle's work, as i made that without having the advantage of this 64 bit work for transparency.

Hellas ease yacht dedication (theme win 8 RTM)

hellas_ease_yacht_dedication__theme_win_8_rtm__by_zeusosx-d5vnmew.jpg

===========================================================

Edited by idas

I tried running it in a virtualbox virtual machine (W8 pro x64) It says it loaded, but didn't actually do anything debug.log: http://paste.install...m/view/5c620b2d
Exactly same problem ! (Virtualbox 4.2.6.0(4.2.6.r82870) + Win8 x64 Entreprise Evaluation).

(view attached image) debug.log

And links are unvalid ! :

preview 2: http://leteckaposta.cz/621343263

preview 3: http://leteckaposta.cz/985544913

post-374516-0-12625000-1361451247_thumb.

Edited by vanden

So try the thing with DeviceFeatureLevel registry value. I can't say about Virtualbox, but on VMWare when display drivers are not installed - Direct3D 10.1 render function is not called at all. When you change the DeviceFeatureLevel to 0x9300 then it starts working.

Ok but how activated this in virtualbox ?

I have configured display in virtalbox like that :

virtualbox.jpg

But it is the same ...

Remark with WinaeroGlass (Aero8Tuner + bLend), transparency works very well :

WinaeroGlass.png

Ok, I have no DeviceFeatureLevel in registry (HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM)

I create DeviceFeatureLevel (REG_DWORD 32 bit) and 9300 in hexadecimal (37632 in decimal) : same problem ...

EDIT : it's OK after Reboot

Thanks !

Edited by vanden

I just found out that it is really dependant on GPU drivers,cuz with the latest Nvidia drivers 314.07 i get the black screen and must force restart,but with 310.90 it works without any problems what so ever,low cpu/gpu usage no lag no matter how many open windows etc.....